Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

13 October 2006

So, it begins... Fireworks

Like a lot of people, I have considered the idea of the blog, and how interesting it would be to have comments on some of my ideas and works (often in progress).
My idea for this blog is to put on here some of my poems, rhymes and photographs, and to write if I feel the need or desire. I used to write all the time, and in some of the worst times of my life I haven't been able to stop myself! But for the last few years, it has been an effort. Well, my son has convinced me that that it's time to pick up the pen again (metaphorically speaking) and get writing about my ideas and life..

So, to start the ball rolling, I dug out a poem I sent into a writer's competition a good few years ago, which got published - an immensly proud moment for me! :-D I supposedly won a £10 book token for it (unfortunately, that phrase 'it's in the post' is still holding good, and it surely must have travelled the world a few times by now - well, I'm still waiting!) It was for Bonfire night, so I reckon it's about the right time of year for it...

[Poem Fireworks removed for publishing Aug 2017]


© Annelisa Christensen 9:29 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

5 Comments:

At October 15, 2006 9:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne,
pierro here, I really like the firework picture! How did you do that? And how long did it take? And where did you take it? All these questions and many more in next weeks edition of

WHO GIVES A MONKEYS....?

 
At October 15, 2006 10:40 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hiya Pierro,
The picture was done with Gimp -if I told you how long it took, you'd laugh! A very young person showed me how to do it! Good to hear from you.

 
At November 05, 2006 9:03 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hmmm, I think you're right red dirt girl - the ending's the best bit. How often do we drift into a fantasy for just a short while, with little to base it on, then go back to it later at your leisure? :-)

 
At February 14, 2007 11:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Annelisa!
You made very good decision about this blog. Your son was right.
This blog is amazing!!

 
At February 14, 2007 3:06 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hello there Krystyna... came exploring, huh?

That's really a very lovely thing to say about my blog, and I can feel a faint blush coming on :-) Thanks!

I have to say, apart from being addicted to it now, it's the best decision I made for a long time... a great outlet! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home