Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

01 November 2010

Morning walk...look at the last photo...what does it look like?

So, walking the dogs this morning, I walk through a newly planted field...could be oats/ wheat, I don't know.  Probably some sort of cereal crop.  But I love it when, just as the shoots come up, you can see all the lines where the seeds were sown....




At the corner...


I usually pause...often to take in the skyline, the clouds, the distant view (just out of sight...)


but today it's the shadows that catch my attention.  The sky is dark grey to the right, but over there on the other side of the field, the shadows are long and follow the contours of the land...


I don't know if it shows (my memory superimposes what I know to be there), but the ground is covered in dew? rain? It's damp, with water droplets hanging on every blade of grass.

So, I try to take a picture of the droplet, but this little fella lands in front of me, so I take him instead.


But, even as I get to the other side of the field, the shadows have lengthened, trying to reach out to the other side...


...and to the wood where I'm heading...


but I can't help noticing the sharpness of the sunlight on the trees (still a lot of green)


Once in the wood, there's always the wonderful flow of the upright and the fallen


This one's a favourite - something appeals artistically, the way the two trees (oh, you can't see both of them, but there are two...I'll try and take both so you can see...) lie top to tail.


But, then again, this is also my favourite view...seeing the distant woodlands through the gap in the trees, the fence and gate...I like this!


On the way back, I notice the clouds are hugging a tree, giving it a halo.


A closer look reinforces that impression.


Oh, but what's that!?! It looks like a hand, reaching down from the sky...can you see it?


...made me go all shivery!



[imported from other blog]

© Annelisa Christensen 12:35 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

6 Comments:

At November 08, 2010 9:55 am, Anonymous Arlene said...

thank you for dropping by at my peace globe, Anne

i love the thoughts you shared in here. I appreciate Mimi so much for the untiring effort she to have one day in year for bloggers and friends to think about peace.

i love your morning walk photos. the one you like is also my favorite.

http://www.midlifedancing.com

 
At November 08, 2010 10:16 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh yes, that does indeed look like a hand reaching down! Beautiful images of your morning walk. The sky here is grey and it's raining and cold.

 
At November 08, 2010 9:22 pm, Blogger CherryPie said...

The last photo looks like a dragon to me...

 
At November 08, 2010 11:30 pm, Anonymous Kate said...

So beautiful. You are very talented at capturing an engaging moment in nature.

 
At November 09, 2010 7:52 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks for visiting guys...and welcome!

CherryPie...can't you see the giant hand? :-S

 
At November 13, 2010 6:17 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful place to walk! Nice openness to see far and wide, then the woods, so many details. You had a wonderful sky for your walk too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home