Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

08 January 2010

Awww...why are some folks miserable about the snow?

My lovely teenage daughter was determined to walked nearly 14 miles round our local reservoir yesterday. And, in a crazy moment, I agreed to accompany her, thinking 'beautiful scenery, and rare snow on a day off work...what more could a person want?!

I forgot about the mile there and the mile back, and it was well after dark before we made our way back home. We ached all over, and were starving (the cafe that we intended to eat at was closed by the time we trudged our way round 11 miles in over a foot -in places - of snow) and all we had were the few supplies she had remembered to take (I, unfortunately, had forgotten my goody bag :-S )

We had to sing songs and make up silly games for the last few miles, but we did it. We got all the way around and back. 16 miles. Even though we hadn't taken into account the steep, slippery icy roads we'd have to walk up, nor the boggy areas hidden under more than half a foot of snow, nor had we taken a torch (thinking we'd be back in plenty of time) we achieved a great feeling of satisfaction and enjoyed a beautiful walk!





















































© Annelisa Christensen 2:14 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

7 Comments:

At January 08, 2010 6:41 pm, Blogger Akelamalu said...

16 miles?????? MWM and I walked into town and back on Wednesday a round trip of 2 miles - that was more than enough in these conditions, so brave you! I knew the photo opportunities presented by these weather conditions would bring you out m'dear. You have captured it all so beauitifully, as I knew you would. I hope you're well. xxxx

 
At January 15, 2010 6:24 am, Blogger Savage said...

Beautiful photos, as always!

 
At January 16, 2010 10:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No pains, no gains..........................

 
At January 18, 2010 11:17 pm, Anonymous ann said...

rather you than me :>)

the pics are absolutely stunning

hope you and yours are all good

lotsa luv ann x0x0x0x

 
At January 30, 2010 6:03 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Beautiful and well worth the walk! I wish I had your camera and expertise! I just now posted my song on facebook and have received great feedback! (Do you do facebook? If so, let's hook up.)

Hope you're doing well. Update me sometime. :)

Ruthie

 
At February 28, 2010 2:16 pm, Blogger Dana Barnett said...

Wow,that sounds like an adventure!!! Your photos are Profound AnnLisa!!!! :) @~-)-- Nice to read and look upon your Beautiful photos and words once again!

Dana- I have a much inproved site or sites at WriterCafe and on my facebook page,come take a look when you can pls,my name on there is Dana Kathryn Barnett.Much Love and Peace-

 
At March 01, 2010 10:13 pm, Blogger goatman said...

An impressive trek indeed; and I am.

When I was in the Boy Scouts we would consider 10 miles an all day affair, and quite the accomplishment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home