Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

04 November 2014

Dona Nobis Pacem


Today is BlogBlast4Peace!

I've lost track of how many Peaceglobes I've made and how many times I've participated, but I remember the first time, in the first year Mimi Lenox came up with the idea...what if everyone, all around the globe, posted the same message at once - Grant us Peace - so that, throughout the blogging world, post after post titled 'Dona Nobis Pacem' would speak out at once, many voices joining as one.

Since then, when a few bloggers thought, 'great idea' and posted their globes, bloggers have been joined by Facebook, Twitter and other social media

For as many people as there are involved, and for as as many ways they can be involved, the variety of posts and peaceglobes grows all the time; and the number of countries involved is ever increasing.

This year, my thoughts are simple. Let us not only ask for peace to be granted to us, but be the instigators of peaceful thought and action, and grant peace to others where we may.

Namaste



© Annelisa Christensen 11:02 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

7 Comments:

At November 05, 2014 1:10 am, Blogger Travis Cody said...

Well said. Peace to you and yours today and every day.

Cheers!

 
At November 05, 2014 3:26 am, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautifully said, Annelisa.

 
At November 05, 2014 9:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peaceful Pawkisses, Little Binky and Granny :) <3

 
At November 05, 2014 10:19 am, Blogger rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I'm with ya ... instigating!

Dona nobis pacem.

 
At April 10, 2015 2:12 am, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

Proud to be an instigator with YOU.
Much love to my long-time peace blogging friend.

Mimi

 
At August 03, 2015 12:48 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 03, 2015 12:49 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thank you for your comments. I'm turning off comments on this blog, but know that I love ya to bits, and you can still find me at my new blog Script Alchemy (or Facebook, or
as @alpha_annelisa on Twitter :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home