Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

07 September 2013

I'm coming back to see how it's been...


It's been a while.  A long while.

I took a break, not because of the time spent writing this blog, but because keeping up with visiting everyone else's blog who visited became a day-long pastime, time which I couldn't afford to spend, with so many other responsibilities.


Like so many other bloggers, I found blogging is not just about writing a daily post and then logging off. One gets to know, and becomes friends with, those who visit, and then a return visit is a must...we all want to know what's going on in our friends' lives...that's the nature of friendship. And we like to give our friends the time they deserve...they're real people, with real lives, real problems, real happiness.  Even though we might never meet them, ever, they are still our friends. 


Those who've never blogged may never know this kind of friendship. I've heard someone ask if it's like being a penfriend?
No, it's not like being a pen-friend because, with such a distance relationship, it implies space between the replies; space between receiving a letter and sending one; interest in each others lives, but a seperation of them. One might await the reply to a letter/email you've written but, when it comes, it comes in a package of  'everything that's happened since last time I wrote', all at once, a done thing.


The thing about blogging is that it's immediate. When a person blogs, the feelings and events are those that are happening now, not yesterday or a week or month ago. It's all raw and 'on the pulse'. They are things the blogger is living through, caring about.


It's not like a writing an article, which might get published several weeks or months after they're written.  It's there in your head, there on the page, then there on the blog.  And anyone who happens to stop by soon after it's posted might reply straight away too.  Then you don't have a comment on some distant blog, you have a conversation.  And you don't have conversations with a computer or a blog page; you have conversations with people...sometimes seperated by a little time, sometimes immediate, but conversations nevertheless.


Though I didn't miss the lack of time I had whilst I blog-hopped from post to marvellous post, I've kinda missed being here, meeting folks from all over the world.  I've missed the daily banters, knowing what's been going on with my friends, posting what's going on with me.
I thought about starting up another blog, and simply posting without telling anyone where I was; simply posting without answering anyone's comments; simply one-sidedly pouring out whatever was inside of me, without any acknowledgement of any affect on anyone else, without allowing anyone to answer me back.


But, though I set up a blog where I could do this, I had no interest in writing on it.  Anonymity is fine, if what you have to say is controversial, or would get you into trouble if someone found out what you've been writing. It's wonderful for that.  But what meaning does it have, when it's just everyday stuff? What's the point of writing it, and staying seperate from it?  Why not own it?  And respond to it?  Surely that's why we blog in the first place, to have a place in the world where we can go and express ourselves, allow our thoughts to be read, judged, commented on?


The thing about other bloggers, is they're mostly just like you. Most are kind and positive, and surprisingly non-judgemental.  From the years I've blogged on here, I know there are those who comment on posts purely to advertise their own site or wares (some not very pleasant, some even very unpleasant and the reason for having comment moderation), but the majority are decent, honest people, reaching out into the world from their homes or work, to all the other decent, honest folk out there...and, whenever anyone comments on something you've thought and written, it's like you've found a comrade, another like-minded person who's not afraid to reach back to you and extend their own world into yours.


I don't know that I have more time now than I did when I gave up blogging or, rather, took a blogging break. I don't know that I have time to return to other peoples' blogs and read all about their lives (there are just so many in the world!!), but what I do know is that some of my best blogging friends are now also Facebook friends...they have come futher into my life, and become part of it.  And I wouldn't have it any other way!!

To all my friends from here and elsewhere - without you, life would be a pointless existence!

Thank you!

© Annelisa Christensen 9:26 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

6 Comments:

At September 08, 2013 11:17 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh you sum up blogging perfectly! I have missed you my lovely. xxxx

 
At October 04, 2013 4:54 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

Hi Annnelisa! I still post, but I just dont go around the way I used to. Usually, if you want a comment, you go leave a comment right?
I just stopped by becasue the Watwer baby did some posts after several years of hibernation, and I happened to see you had a recent post. So here I am!
Hi annelisa!

 
At October 12, 2013 7:38 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hey, Akemalu! How did I miss your comment (the funny thing is, I must've 'moderated' it without even knowing it :-S! Lovely to see you here! :-)
Yes, even though I 'don't have time' for this any more, I miss it too...I'm so impressed you've kept your blog going all these years! :-)

Hey cowboy, how're you going my ol buddy? I shall pop over and see your blog, and Water Baby's! Good to see you again!

 
At October 13, 2013 5:07 am, Blogger red dirt girl said...

Annelisa !!!
Hugs and xxx girlfriend !!
xxx

 
At December 27, 2013 5:30 am, Blogger daNIAL said...

It's not hard to understand why people are so excited about Pope Francis. Since his ... I'm Still Not Going Back to the Catholic Church .... The coming decades would see a collapse in Catholic catechesis and Catholic discipline.

http://welcomequotes.com

 
At December 27, 2013 11:16 pm, Blogger goatman said...

Songs usually say it best: "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".
Nice to see you're back. It is truly like having friends all over the world.

Hoping your new year is good for you and yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home