Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

13 October 2006

Second Sight


So, it's my day off, and I'm spending an inordinate amount of time on the pc... but I've been sitting in, waiting to hear if my friend's going to have her chemo, or not, today. If she wasn't, I wouldn't be sitting in on such a beautiful sunny day as this. I would have been out, walking over the downs with her, talking about life & such.... but, I'm guessing she got good news, that she can go ahead (it would have been good news either way, because if she hadn't been able to have the shot, we could have relaxed and enjoyed the day) , or I would probably have heard by now. She was waiting to hear if the blood count was high enough. Guess it must be, which means her immunity musn't be as shot as was thought! Good.
So, anyway, to fill in the time, I had a thought - If I put all my old stuff on here, then maybe I'll be forced to write some new stuff when I run out! :-D Worth a try, isn't it... ?

So, this means you are going to have the wonderful opportunity to read some of my other adult poems today. I have written a whole book of children's poems/ rhymes (some of which still need a fair bit of work), but I'm saving that for later :-) This one's a bit obscure, with a lot of double meanings. I don't think I could have been in a very exuberant mood when I wrote it! :-)

[Poem Second Sight removed for publication Aug 2017]

© Annelisa Christensen 11:43 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home