Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

08 November 2006

Dona Nobis Pacem - the end of the day...


Earlier, I had an email from Mimi, referring to the strangeness of the start of her day... and I've just come from Mimi Writes , where I left for her this message about a weird thing that happened to me today:

Hello again Mimi - It's midnight here in Sussex, England and the day has been just beautiful. I'm not talking about the weather (I'm not sure I even noticed it! :-) ) I'm talking about that little warm globe I carried round in my chest all day! It's been lovely!

Now, I e-mailed you earlier, to tell you something strange also happened to me today... Not like your experience, but weird... I was in the kitchen, cooking and talking with the kids as is my wont, when a book flew out of the bookcase on the wall.


Without thinking about 'why?' or 'how?' (there
was a lot else going on at the time! :-)), I picked it up to return it to it's place. Looking up, I couldn't see any space it would fit in. I then glanced down at the book...

The title was 'Peace'!!! (by Gene Wolfe) - I think I'm getting the message! :
-D


This globe was done by my daughter - she was going to put it on her blog today, but unfortunately there was a little accident with the pc... But, I think she worked so hard on it, it deserves a viewing!!


...and this one I did for mother of invention over at Spilling Out - she didn't manage to get it up and running, but the thought was there :-D

Labels: ,

© Annelisa Christensen 12:30 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

12 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 2:52 am, Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

There are "no coincidences" in life.

And to add to it, a new set, blogger does not let me view your globes...

 
At November 08, 2006 3:04 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

I agree... many of so-called coincidences are just, well, too much of a coincidence! Read a wonderful story about plum puddings once -

A man is in Paris, and he goes into a restaurant. He is joined for dessert by another man,a stranger, who suggests plum pudding. This they both had, and enjoyed, and then went their seperate ways.

Years later, the man returned to Paris, and visited another restaurant, where 'coincidentally' he met the stranger again, whilst re-living the last visit with a plum pudding.

Then, years later, this same man was trying to locate a flat where a friend was staying. He was having trouble finding his way round the building, so he knocked on a door... and yes, you guessed it, it was the very same stranger he'd met two times before. He was invited in for a while...and guess what they were eating?!?


Supposedly a true story. It's like the film 'Serendipity' - maybe there's just some things in life that are meant to happen...

I don't know why you can't see the globes... can't think of any reason :-S

 
At November 08, 2006 4:58 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! What a kind gesture. You sure have the spirit! I wonder if I'll ever get to reading all the posts?!!! It was a very successful day. Peace, baby Peace! (I'm kind of a Hippie chick! Always loved those long skirts!)

 
At November 08, 2006 5:00 am, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

What a beautiful post. Your daughter's globe touched my heart. And the one you did for Mother of Invention is priceless. I can't wait to see these in the gallery. Your book story is one to remember. Yet another thing "odd" that happened on the first ever Peace Globe Day. Peace to you and yours.....Mimi Lenox

 
At November 08, 2006 7:53 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

'Love & Peace, man!' moi (must realised you initials mean 'me' in french!)- yes, I still have so, so many posts to read! Ah, but that's good, isn't it? And, hopefully, next year there will be so many that you wouldn't even try! :-)

(I couldn't resist getting a globe up for you somewhere on the bloggosphere :-) )

Mimi- Crikey, how did you find time to stop by again? I will just have to come back to yours in a minute, to see how you ended the day... Well done Mimi - it was a great one!

Hey red-dirt-kitty! -you found the milk then? I entered a poetry competition online a while back. Since then, I've had an offer to enter a poem... and then I can buy the book at a discount price... (I've had this offer before, with my 'Invisible' poem, and they took the money and I didn't see the book...)

I made the decision that I won't try and get book-published. I have a perfect outlet here, and there's loads of people who would be interested in reading it right here on the net. (I already did the sending to publishers and getting the rejection slips thing, and it's too disheartening)

So, you can do what you chose, but you have perfectly good 'critics' here, haven't you? And you can write as you want to write, not as you're being told to. I think you have enough integrety to know what sounds 'right' to you...

 
At November 08, 2006 7:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evening,

Thanks for all the beautiful globes and thoughts. Maybe this should more often than once a year.

 
At November 08, 2006 8:51 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I too, have been all through the sending work to publishers and getting rejected. The reality is that the competition is so stiff, there is tons of talent out there and on blogs, that the chances are minimal of getting selected. It's the same for artists and musicians.
I loved RDG's idea of a straight jacket on her muse! You don't ever want to do that! That would be a mockery of why we all write!

 
At November 09, 2006 10:27 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi Brian - guess, really, it should happen every day, but I don't know that we'd all have the energy :-) But, like others, I'm leaving my globe at the top of the sidebar, and next year I'll add another...

Totally agree with you Mother of Invention - it depends why you write. If you're writing for others to see, then I suppose publishing on paper is one way. I write because I can't help it, and if someone else sees, and likes, well then that's lovely... but if they don't, then I enjoy writing anyway. There's so much written that will never be seen, but that's ok, because it was a personal thing. And yes, rdg's idea of a straight-jacket on the muse would be awful. Inspiration and expression are not the same when tightly bound.

Hiya r-d-kitty, whatever I or anyone else says, you've got to do what's right for you. Either way, you already have a way with words ("why shackle it?" ...ehm ...where did that voice come from?)Some people like to do what pleases others, others what pleases themselves- your choice (but please don't stop writing lovely poems like you've been writing!)

 
At November 10, 2006 8:24 am, Blogger Elaine said...

I *love the Mother of Invention globe - so creative and beautiful!

Peace,
Elaine

 
At November 10, 2006 8:35 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-) Thanks, I kinda liked it too!

 
At November 10, 2006 6:49 pm, Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

You are right iondeed, these two globes needed to be viewed.
Your daughter's in particularly special.

 
At November 13, 2006 2:14 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Yes, I think her one is more special, because she had to 'work' extra hard to do it, and get it right for her... it isn't a program she was familiar with (though she's more so now :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home