Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

03 November 2006

How Can I Begin?

The photos should have been with yesterday's post, but I was having so much trouble getting any images on at all, I decided one was enough. However, in a way they link into today's post - it was the beginning, or dawning, of a very beautiful day...






This poem is related to Better the Beginning, and yesterday's Writer's Workshop... I think I played around with the idea for a while, about why I was there, and the actual process of writing. In this one, I also played with a whole lot of sayings.






Once someone said to me that I shouldn't use sayings, because everyone said them, and they had no value. My reply was that, though unoriginal, a saying instantly conjures up an idea that needs no further explanation. For most people, a proverb or saying 'says it all'. And, while I prefer originality, that's not to say I don't like the simplicity of an oft-used expression (why else is it so well used, but that everyone knows what it means, and that it is very often true!). So, I wrote this not long after (a deliberate baiting, perhaps?! :-) )






[Poem How can I begin? removed for publishing Aug 2017]

Ok, so it's another of those that could well have stayed at the bottom of the drawer, but it's kind of part of 'the team' with the other two mentioned, so here it lies [Long may it RIP].



(note to self: really could do with zoom lens
and tripod for Christmas - who can I ask?!)

© Annelisa Christensen 10:26 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

8 Comments:

At November 04, 2006 6:12 am, Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

I have a strange man posting dirty stuff on my blog. He talks about having sex with animals. I wonder if that is the person on Kilroy's.
To tell you the truth I had thought maybe it was Kilroy until you made that post. I know it is not the chieftain he is a very nice man. I have met some nice friends on here including you.

But I do wish you would not cut off your hair..

Why don't you just cut it and donate it to locks of love for cancer victims wigs. Noone with cancer would want you to loose your hair.

 
At November 04, 2006 8:20 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

This one doesn't sound like a very nice person, and I really don't think it's the sort of thing Kilroy would do...

There is such a large support for my hair-cut now, so many have promised donations (even though they seem to be slow appearing :-)) If I had time to run for a marathon, or train for the Moon Walk in London, I would do that, but with work & kids etc I find this is something I can do.

I may donate the hair, or sell it to raise more funds. I'm not sure.

Thanks for visiting angel!

 
At November 04, 2006 2:43 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

A clever use of sayings! I love, "verbal boomerang"!

 
At November 04, 2006 2:57 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-) Thanks mother of invention... maybe a little overdone, but fun to write!

 
At November 06, 2006 9:59 pm, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Well, I was going to comment about you wonderful writing and, again, imaginative, interesting photography. But it seems there is something else I need to investiage.

Thank you, Annelisa, for your support. Writing comments about sex with animals. The lady thinks this is what I have time to do. {That would be Baaaaahhhhhhhhhhhd - Your get it, right?, sheep} I've never seen such a thing said about me before. I actually find it funny. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to "go off" here. I just never imagined as I rolled through and caught up commenting I would find such a thing.

 
At November 06, 2006 10:20 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-D Well, Kilroy, if you will go round making and reading comments, you're bound to catch up on yourself at some point! Yes, I did wonder if you would read this one, and feel the need to find out more.

Now I'm going to have to follow you over to angel's and see what goes on! :-)

 
At November 07, 2006 3:33 am, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

A quick thank you again. I had to go to a meeting earlier. I just went and wrote my comment to the lady with the animal sex comments problem.

 
At November 07, 2006 4:24 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

I hope you were nice to her, Kilroy - she's a lovely person! (In fact, I believe I first saw her comments on your blog?)Personally, I think the animal one was probably from your mysterious visitor!
Glad you came back to look over the rest of posts :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home