Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

06 November 2006

Grant us Peace - Big day tomorrow!

Just a quick one, before I rush out to work. Making sure I got my poem ready for tomorrow's Dona Nobis Pacem peace globe day has been a priority, and I guess it itched away at me while I slept. In the middle of the night I woke up with this on my mind, and lay there in the dark, scribbling it into my pda! :-)



Dona Nobis Pacem


Dream of tranquility
Over the world
November 7th
Anno Domini

Nothing to lose
Obvious gain
Blogging for Peace
Is no longer
Silent hope

Post creation
Anticipation
Combined Voice
Earth cry from
Mimi



Labels: ,

© Annelisa Christensen 7:50 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

8 Comments:

At November 06, 2006 3:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning,

I will tune in tomorrow for your poem.

Hope you are a having a good day.

 
At November 06, 2006 3:43 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Afternoon again, Brian! Yes thanks, day's going well.
I'll look forward to your visit tomorrow, and you can tell me what you think (don't be too hard - only the second (apart from last night's wake-up call) offering I've done in 8 years! :-))

 
At November 06, 2006 7:39 pm, Blogger Tracy said...

I love your poem. Thank you for sharing. I will be sure to tune in for tomorrows poem. :) I hope you have a blessed evening.

 
At November 06, 2006 9:50 pm, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Long time, no see. You certainly have been kind in visiting. I'm sorry to say I have neglected visiting and commenting of late. I've been trying to take care of some things with The Gonzo Papers, taking care of an overburdening workload and trying to squeeze in a bit of real life. :-) I will be posting tomorrow as well...maybe something tonight too. I was pleased to read your latest. You always inspire. I will make it a point not to let so much time go by before my next visit. {Easy to say knowing it will be tomorrow - laughing}

 
At November 06, 2006 10:03 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Well, hello again Kilroy! I wondered if you'd left the blogosphere :-) Or possibly, got so hooked on your last picture you couldn't bear to see her move down a notch!

No, real life is good, so it's as well to have a break. I'm still new to this, and it's all still fresh and inviting... I hope this initial feeling won't ever fade!

Look forward to your next visit!

 
At November 06, 2006 10:45 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Ah, and Mysti, thanks for dropping by! It's especially good of you to do so, when you have so much going on in your life at the moment!

I hope things are getting a little better... I'll come and see you soon!

 
At November 06, 2006 11:57 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Nice acrostic! I tried to upload and sign the globe but I just don't have the techy know-how or the right programs or something! She tried to help me but I didn't get the directions. Anyway, I'll be singing Dona as a canon all by myself tomorrow in support!

 
At November 07, 2006 1:41 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

That's a shame about the globe, but you could always do the title... and

please, please, please let me come and watch you singing Dona?!!??!!! I can just imagine how wonderful you'd be! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home