Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

27 November 2010

Peace #3

Money buys so much...



But it doesn't buy...



Love, friendship, a smile, politeness, respect, a little happiness, consideration, a helping hand, support, kindness, a welcome, an apology, a friendly hello...

...None of this costs us anything. They are all things anyone can give....

Labels:

© Annelisa Christensen 8:08 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

2 Comments:

At November 28, 2010 6:13 am, Blogger Eliz Frank said...

So true...and beautiful visual!
Elizabeth

 
At November 30, 2010 4:05 pm, Blogger Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Hi Annelisa,
You left a comment on my blog a week or so ago when you came over expecting to find a peace globe - Thank you! My late response stems from the same reason I didn't get to do the peace globe this year: an intense period of deadlines coming at me from all directions! I downloaded a blank peace globe, meant to do it and too late realised the day had passed... Ah well, hopefully next year I'll be better organised!

I identify very much with this post - I've been thinking a lot about the concept of Gross National Happiness - the former king of Bhutan's attempt to define an indicator that measures quality of life and social progress in more holistic and psychological terms than GDP. I'm wondering how this will compare to what David Cameron means by 'Happiness'!

Best wishes,
Janice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home