Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

13 October 2006

Our Eyes Met


And new love?

Our Eyes Met

Our eyes met across the distance between.
The space was nothing, or so it would seem.
Time stopped, for that one look,
but eye contact was all it took
for everything to change.
Suddenly it felt strange
that a face so well known
could make me own
I had never felt this way before -
Yours was a face I could adore.
Every night your face would appear
before my eyes. It became so dear.
My nights became sleepless then.
I wanted to see you once again.
I wanted to know if I was wrong
that a person I'd known for so long
could possibly be
causing such electricity.
Was it my imagination, or
was it, maybe, something more?
I had to know if it were true,
that the feelings I had for you
could be explained away
as pure fantasy, or may
they be based in reality?
I had to see.
And every time our eyes met
I felt it there, and yet
I still couldn't be certain,
for that damn imagination
crept in to falsify
what passed between us. I...
wanted to ask if you felt it too,
but didn't know how to get through
that veil of rejection,
and so I felt only dejection.
Then you were there no more
and I was even more unsure.
I didn't know why you wouldn't see me.
I didn't know what the reason could be.
I only know you weren't there.
The loss of a dream I had to bear.
The next time we came face to face
still made my heart race,
but I could see in your eyes -
nothing. You'd said your goodbyes.
And now I am hollow
and can only follow
my remaining dreams...
my empty dreams
because you're not there.

© Annelisa Christensen 12:13 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

2 Comments:

At January 09, 2007 2:57 pm, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

What a magical photograph and haunting poem. Thanks for sharing.

 
At January 09, 2007 7:55 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks for finding me Mimi... I'm glad you liked this post. It was one of my early ones, and both photo and poem mean a lot to me, for entirely different reasons...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home