Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

15 October 2006

Still Motion


I was driving the everyday drive, and passing the time by looking at the sky. There was a joy of realising that I was so small, and the sky and beyond so big. Up there, people were flying to work, holidaying, or visiting friends and families in far away lands. I had one of those moments, I mentioned before, where I realised how lucky I was to be alive, and able to appreciate life teeming all around, the expanse of the universe, the miniscule atoms unseen... I was here, now, and though I would some day be gone, I had my place. And I could still make a difference:

[Poem Still Motion removed for publishing Aug 2017]

© Annelisa Christensen 11:34 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

2 Comments:

At October 22, 2006 5:39 am, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Am I understanding correctly that you write this fresh to match the images? Sorry, a bit slow on the update...it's been a long day and yet I'm not sleeping.

 
At October 22, 2006 9:00 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi again, Kilroy_60

All my life I've taken photos, and stuck them in a drawer (I'll get some more out soon...) The writing's been done in another time, another place. When I write something here, somehow it seems incomplete without an image... and I look to see what I have that 'feels right'. I haven't scanned in many yet, so like the poems, I'm going to have to dig deeper to keep the flow... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home