Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

13 October 2006

Into Eternity


Well, good news for my friend, Julia. She had her chemo today, and text me a little while ago to say it went as well as can be expected, and she's resting up now (good for her - she's a mum too, and that's quite exhausting enough by itself!). Hopefully this will clear all the bitty bits of cancer that have found their way round the body. She's a strong person, and has been fighting for a long while now, so with luck this will be effective.
My children are home, and dinner's on the go, so I'm just going to put one more of my 'poem oldies' on here, before taking a break.
In this one I was thinking of life like a river, and the sea as death (or the eternity beyond life, if you believe in that) - whether you accumulate good memories or bad; whether you have a lot of experiences or few - in the end, when you reach the sea all the physical accumulations are deposited before mingling with all the other waters. But before you reach the sea, the experiences change the colour of the 'water'. The water also effects that surrounding it's path.
I guess I was trying to say to appreciate life for what it is now, good or bad, while capable of enjoying it. While still flowing.
You can make up your own mind...

[poem Into Eternity removed for publication Aug 2017]

© Annelisa Christensen 4:06 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

5 Comments:

At November 15, 2006 9:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW can I learn to write like this?

 
At November 15, 2006 9:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you know..I just realised..dont bother to reply here, you will be going thru so many posts, ..if you want to reply, you can just email me. :)

 
At November 16, 2006 1:26 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

You know, Mystic, you already have your own style of writing... you wouldn't want to change it to mine... it would no longer be you!

 
At November 18, 2006 4:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...yeah..in my own style,,but..something stronger, more beautiful...

 
At November 18, 2006 8:38 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Personally, I think your writing is already beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home