Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

30 October 2006

(Y) Yeti Spaghetti


(Lake Louisa, Sussex)
The picture and the poem are definately not going to match up today! I was having a visit around, following links to links etc and found myself reading a post about Halloweens past, and Mysti's childhood memory of entertaining neighbours and friends at their home - turning it into a haunted house. It sounded so much fun, and just a little creepy...

Anyway, whilst reading it, there was a bit about a concoction of grapes and spaghetti they used to create a blood-curdling mixture. And my mind, jumping back and forth as it does, jumped to yet another of my kiddie rhymes (I will take a break from them soon, and put up some more adults' ones! :-)), so here it is:

[Poem Yeti Spaghetti removed for publishing Aug 2017
other rhymes from this collection now on Amazon A-Z Monsters (not) For Bed]


Probably should've done 'Zombie Necropolis', being Halloween, but it'll save! :-) Nice one Mysti - loved your ghost house!

© Annelisa Christensen 11:30 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

9 Comments:

At November 01, 2006 12:24 am, Blogger Tracy said...

LOL thank you for stopping by my blog. What a suprise I had when coming to yours and finding you wrote a poem relating to one of my posts! lol I am glad you enjoyed my memories of past halloweens. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. :) What a delightful surprise. I hope you have a blessed evening.

 
At November 01, 2006 2:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post I love it .

 
At November 01, 2006 4:14 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Kids would love this type of thing read to them in school! If you were here, I'd be inviting you to my class to read some of these!

 
At November 01, 2006 8:35 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hello mysti - it's a pleasure to meet you! The smile was mutual, believe me! :-)

Glad you enjoyed it hope.

mother of invention - If I was there, I'd come to your class and read them (when my older son was smaller, I did actually go to his school and read a few :-))

 
At November 01, 2006 3:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. :)

 
At November 01, 2006 7:40 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thank you, Brian, for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment to thank me for my comment when I stopped by your blog!

 
At November 01, 2006 8:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there are no elfs or elfins playing piccolo in this enchanted wood, there soon will be.
Peace

 
At November 01, 2006 9:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are welcome. Amd I have perused your previous posts and have added you to my blogroll so that I can return. I will ahve poems for the next two posts. :)

 
At November 02, 2006 12:40 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

goatman - oh, but there are... you can hear them play, though I think it was the voice of pan-pipes I heard the wind carrying through the trees...

brian - I was going to link up tonight, but when I read your rather raunchy offering today, I wondered if I should wait awhile (there are at least a couple of youngsters reading my offerings!) So, later...? :-) But I will definately come see your poetry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home