Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

13 November 2006

Some sky scenes I spotted on the way...

What a lovely weekend I just had, visiting my friends. To have such special (meant in the real way, not the way that means that you think there's something different, but you don't like to say what... although... :-) ) is, well, special!

Friends that you can sit and talk with for hours, laugh with over the littlest thing, walk and eat with, and every moment is precious... this is what I mean by special. You can sit in silence, but be saying so much; you can be talking twenty to the dozen, and not be saying a thing; you can give a 'look' and it's understood; or say something unintelligible, and what you say means something (ok, you have to be as nutty as each other, but it happens :-) )



(My friend says this looks like 'ripples on the water's surface, from beneath...')




So, these are the kind of friends I visited this weekend, and I've come away glowing... you know, that toastie glow within (I got something similar from the Blogblast for Peace, but this is a glow that generates every time I think of my friends) - Just makes me feel so lucky to know such great people.





(this one, even more so!)




Anyway, I took loads of photos ( zillions, in fact - the sky around where they lived was simply 'alive' with movement and depth and the most beautiul 'contour' lines) this weekend, but couldn't possibly put them all here! So, I thought, even though I'm pretty tired, I'll take a couple of minutes to put a few up.
The two above, I just had to stop the car on the side of the road and snap the ripples in the clouds, having seen a glimpse through the car's 'sun visor' (below)




(does it look like underwater, looking up to the surface?)

And the next one was like a giant patchwork quilt of so many different cloud forms. I wish I could have 'captured' the whole sky - it was breathtaking!



A little further on (ehm...oh yes, it took me quite a while to reach my friends, because I stopped to take so many photos!!! I also took the 'scenic route' [the wrong way :-)] and this was a nice bit of distraction from the fact I was totally and utterly lost! :-D]) I saw this cloud formation. Again, it hasn't come out as well as what I saw (when does it ever...) but it's kind of there...


Poetry will have to await tomorrow... sleep now...

© Annelisa Christensen 12:18 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

13 Comments:

At November 13, 2006 3:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy watching the sky. The other day I saw a double rainbow and wished I had a camera!

 
At November 13, 2006 4:55 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Weekends with friends like that are so neat. You dine out on the memories forever...and until the next visit! You just pick up where you left off. New friends are great but it is special to have those who share your long history.

Does "talking twenty to the dozen" mean saying a lot or talking quickly?

Glad you had a great weekend and are refreshed to jump into your week!

All we did was watch the movie, "North Country" and hang out.

 
At November 13, 2006 8:13 am, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hey Annelisa,
pretty magical skies
Glad you had a great weekend.

Here's looking at you, here's smiling at you. Here's wishing you a good day!

 
At November 13, 2006 12:01 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

old lady - isn't it the darndest thing! When you see the most beautiful thing in your whole life, you haven't got anything to record it with!

Though I absolutely love taking pictures, that still happens a lot... Now I think to myself, " this moment is just for me!" (then I don't fret I'm not sharing it with someone....)

moi- absolutely! Some friends, it's just like one long visit, and every now and then you pop out to every now and then, but when you return the comfortable feeling is still waiting for you. Such a 'priveledge' feeling...

Yes, "talking twenty to the dozen" means trying to fit twenty words into the space of twelve - talking real fast (and others often not being able to get a word in edgeways! :-) )

Happy, yes. Refreshed..ehm, not quite... too much chatting and not enough sleep.

Hey, watching a movie sounds great to me... sometimes just 'hanging out' is what you need, isn't it!

Hey quasar9 -the skies were so magical, I almost got a crick in my neck looking upwards! (bit distracting when we went out for walks as well :-S )

But it was lovely - hope yours was too!

 
At November 13, 2006 8:23 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hiya kitty - did you have a good weekend? I don't suppose you really needed a lot of company, with all your family around :-) But, nevertheless, I'm glad to be back again too... and shall be over in a short while...see what you've been up to in my absence (though, if you've been 'away' too, with your w/e off rule, I don't suppose a huge lot :-D

I think it's the flatness of the land thereabouts, so there's these amazing expanses of pure sky... I got soooo many wonderful photos (though I hope it's not too boring looking at so much sky! :-)

Funny, but I guess all these patterns have been going on forever, and yet it's only in the last couple of years I stopped looking down, or straight ahead, and noticed that there was a never-ending changing screen... sometimes blank, but much of the time swirling and alive! Most of the shots I got were gone a few minutes later... so transient.

 
At November 14, 2006 2:40 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

The "ripple" is called a "Mackeral Sky". I see a Hammerhead Shark in one...I love a good skyscape.

 
At November 14, 2006 3:45 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

I didn't know that the rippley sky had a name, but now you say it, it really does look very much like a mackeral skin!

In the top one, I saw an armadillo, a tree, a guppy (those tiny fish with the big beautiful tails)and a dogfish egg-sac! All in a ring :-)

Trying to decide whether that's a caterpillar or bat in the next one?

But where, oh where is the Hammerhead??

 
At November 15, 2006 6:58 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

fourth one down (but I am just an old acidhead), the fish is actually in the blue,,,there was one here last night that made me think of you and wished Ida had a camera...the sky was black but the cloud was lit pure white and looked exactly like the Michelin Man

 
At November 15, 2006 9:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

again, beautiful indeed! and it does look like ripples on water surface from underneath.

And that is the spirit..to be able to enjoy evenw hen we are lost.

 
At November 15, 2006 11:14 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-) I'm chasing you round tonight, Mystic... you're always one step ahead of me!

Sometimes I figure we get lost for a reason. I thoroughly enjoyed the views on this journey, and I found a place to buy a housewarming pressie for my friends (and I'd been looking all the way)...

Trouble is, I get lost just a little too often (a mite distracted by singing at the top of my voice to my music, or too busy looking round :-D )

 
At November 15, 2006 11:22 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

You know what, Steve? I think I see it! (must be an old acidhead too! :-D )

Must admit, I like the sound of your Michelin Man cloud! (Ahhh, and you thought of me when you saw it? That is soooo flattering! I know I've got rolls, but didn't think they showed :-D )

 
At November 19, 2006 7:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the one that looks like it's underwater.
It even has the 'ripples'!
Beautiful.

 
At November 19, 2006 9:00 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi Janna - lovely isn't it! It was just as well there was a car park there, or I would've had to stop in the middle of the road when I saw that! :-)

It was one of those moments I was sooooooOOOOOoo glad I had my camera on the seat next to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home