Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

18 November 2006

Tousled Cloud

Today, I was driving into the local town to get birthday pressies for my daughter's friends party tonight. The day started off bright sunshine, and stayed that way until the journey home. suddenly it went really dark - as if there were an eclipse. Looking directly ahead (as you do when you're driving...) I felt the darkness of that cloud grow, and soon it filled me. The heaviness was tangible and palpable. The road had grown gloomy, and the bright colours of the trees faded to murky browns.

Then I glanced out my window.... and had to stop the car (much to R's chagrin)... a couple of times :-D.

Above me was being enacted a beautiful play. It was as if the sun was hiding, peeking from behind a curtain, and maybe running its fingers through the scalp of the cloud to stir it into reaction. The cloud itself was turbulent, black and moody. Not wanting to play this game, but being irrisistably drawn in...
























A very tousled cloud! :-D

© Annelisa Christensen 10:45 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

13 Comments:

At November 19, 2006 4:37 am, Blogger madd said...

Annalisa..what absolutly beautiful pictures, I always love coming to your blog because I know I will see and read something that will move me. I also want to thank you for your very kind words over at my place..I too feel for you and your Mother, it is so sad when human life is all about the cost of it..we are not really getting much help, every one keeps passing the buck to the next one. We finally got a call from someone higher up in the workers comp system who is..'looking'..into it for us, so we will see...thank you for putting a link to me..I like putting the links as they help me visit my favorites regularly and meet some really intersting and wonderful people I would never have if I hadn't started blogging..like you..:)come visit soon and I will be back..see ya..m

 
At November 19, 2006 9:31 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks for you kind words about my blog, Madd. It's always nice to know what you do is appreciated!

I'll answer the rest over at yours (now the link's there :-) - another will soon be in place in Heroines and Heroes - I'm just having trouble fitting everything you have in your blogs into 2 small lines! :-D

 
At November 19, 2006 11:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodmorning!
nice pics! i love the close up. second from last.

 
At November 19, 2006 5:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are lovely. I've added a link to your fundraising blog - not sure it'll do you any good but it can't do any harm either.

 
At November 19, 2006 8:41 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Mystic - Hiya, and good evening! I liked that one too, and the last one, but they really had to be seen as a progression - it was so spectacular!

Hi R-D-Kitty! Whoah! I can see you got time on your hands! :-D

Having a break, though, not a bad idea... it can be so intense and time-consuming here on the blogosphere! And, as you so rightly said - there are priorities

I will see what I can do about the poem... I'm sure there must be away (seems odd you can't copy though)

Oh heck - I'll come over to yours and say the rest! :-)

Topchamp - Hi there! I just went visiting your blog... Even if you started it for other reasons, I could quite happily while away some time with you, you write so well, and so humerously!

Thanks for putting in the link. Even if it doesn't do a darned thing, I still appreciate the very lovely gesture!

 
At November 19, 2006 11:51 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Wow, pretty awesome shots!

I also love it when dark grey clouds get a slither of light in the underbelly - literally creating the gold or silver lining

 
At November 20, 2006 1:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those clouds are incredibly beautiful - I always find myself looking upward lest I miss something amazing!

 
At November 20, 2006 6:27 am, Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful - we both did the same thing today - were abducted by the charm of clouds!

(I was walking during a break in the wheather)
I will be posting mine on Thursday - as my Monday post is already done.

 
At November 20, 2006 8:14 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi Quasar9! I love that too! It's so awesome how it can be so beautiful it takes your breath away, isn't it!

Elaine - I didn't used to look up. My dad always said, "Don't look straight ahead - look to the sides of you. That's where everything happens"

So, I always looked to the sides... but missed what was going on above! Not any more...

Hey Angeldust!I'll have to put it in my diary to come and see your post on Thursday (that's not to say I won't visit before, of course :-D )
Weather's reeeally windy and wet today... Definately not umbrella weather!!

 
At November 21, 2006 3:06 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Looks very mysterious and a little ominous!

 
At November 21, 2006 8:28 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

It felt ominous - when it leached all the light from down on the ground... but so amazing up above. Like having to turn the lights out to play a film...

 
At April 04, 2007 3:51 pm, Blogger twilite said...

Hi! Were you cloud chasing? (smile)

 
At April 07, 2007 9:29 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

I might not have been specifically, Twilite, but ended on cloud nine! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home