Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

29 April 2008

Sun follows rain follows sun...

Waking up at 3.30 this morning after a pretty hefty nightmare, I spent two hours lying in bed trying to sleep again. The sun's rays slipped over the horizon like bridesmaids preceding the bride down the aisle. Then came the sunshine, clear and bright. I lay listening to the birds for some time before I realised sleep wasn't coming back. So, I got up to walk the dogs (5.30am ish) and went out to the car with the warmth of our star on me.

By the time I reached the forest, only 5 minutes away, there were clouds which were lit from beneath:




Rain chased swiftly on my heels and soon, though the sun shone to the East, a mist of rain rushed from the South to meet it:








Until the sun was but a mere haze:



And soon it felt like sunset:





And then it was simply rain:





© Annelisa Christensen 6:56 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

10 Comments:

At April 29, 2008 4:25 pm, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh you're back! You haven't lost your touch with that camera my lovely. I've missed you.xx

 
At May 06, 2008 5:49 am, Blogger BillyWarhol said...

Amazing Sunset Photos Annelisa!!

;))

EntreCard RED HOT DROPPING!!******

iGOO MEGA TRILLION $$$ DOLLAR LAUNCH!!

EVERY BLOGGER in the UNIVERSE will receive a $$$ TRILLION DOLLARS!!

iGooMEGA$$$TRILLIONS


Cheers Everybody!! Billy ;)) Peace*

 
At May 11, 2008 5:14 am, Blogger Diane Dehler said...

I just love your gorgeous twilight photos. You capture the moments between; the transitions of light.

 
At May 12, 2008 2:59 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

What a neat set of rapidly changing scenes! I tried to get on comments a few days ago but couldn't. Hope you're doing well. I think of you often.
I'm okay but my knees are still so bad I can only swim for exercise and it's getting a bit tiresome! I so wish I could walk again or ride a bike! My poor husband can't seem to help me either. I'm just a weird patient!

Summer holidays for you soon?

 
At May 12, 2008 7:49 pm, Blogger Pauline said...

I have missed coming here to visit. I have missed your ability to capture the serenity of nature.

 
At May 19, 2008 2:17 am, Blogger mystic rose said...

It has been too long without you. I love these photos. Love and take care.

 
At May 20, 2008 12:10 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Hey, you've still got it! What's happenin'? I'm on a bit of a beak with blogging...I just can't do it much anymore....but keep in touch!!!

 
At June 02, 2008 12:31 am, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

Annelisa - I think of you often and hope you are well.
Dona Nobis Pacem is 2 days away.
It is not the same without you my dear. Please drop in and say hello. I would sorely miss you if you didn't.

Peace and love,
Mimi

 
At June 03, 2008 2:49 pm, Blogger Pauline said...

I have felt
the scorpion
sting
of cancer
now
I understand
completely
the damage
of its band
I have seen
its poison run
though my lovers
veins
and have learned
unwillingly
its fatal sting

 
At June 12, 2008 10:00 pm, Blogger Queenie said...

Hi, not about, but think about you so many times. Take care my friend, rememember our thoughts are with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home