Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

16 October 2006

Dawn Birth


(Another from Pashley Manor, East Sussex)

It's late, but having just ousted my lovely teenage son from this seat, I feel I have to make the most of it (besides, the seat's still warm, and the house has a definate chill to it that wasn't there a week ago! :-) ) Sleep is calling, but I just found a poem that has been hidden away in my writing bag for some time, and could do with an airing. I like it - it was written for a children's book (to follow the first one, not yet sent off for publishing! :-D ) , but there's a few adults who said it evoked a memory of belief in magic that has been buried under the layers we swamp ourselves in...

[Poem Dawn Birth removed for publication Aug 2017]



© Annelisa Christensen 12:03 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

4 Comments:

At October 22, 2006 5:38 am, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Beautiful.

 
At January 07, 2007 2:14 am, Blogger mystic rose said...

this is so enchantingly magical. what gifted imagination!!

 
At January 07, 2007 11:36 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks, Kilroy - this poem has a special place for me, as I wrote it for my eldest daughter when she was crazy about fairies...

 
At January 07, 2007 11:37 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Mystic Rose - thanks sweetie! It means a lot to me you like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home