Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

17 October 2006

New Blog for the head-shave




Wow, I've really gone and done it now! The ball's rolling, and gathering momentum already!
So, now I've committed myself [and I should be comitted!], I've started a site dedicated to The Event, or there would very soon be little else except baldy-talk here! :-)

It was going to be called 'A Close Shave' -suggested by one of the creative teachers in the staffroom! - but ( obviously! :-) ) that name was taken, so I called it "Baring it all" (link to site on the right)... A reminder to me that it's all gonna go... [yoikes!!!]


So, if you want to know more, take a look, and I'll post any developements there!





© Annelisa Christensen 2:16 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

4 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 7:59 pm, Blogger udayhere said...

I kinda shaved off all my hair on my head yesterday. May be its quite common for men.. but not for me.

People at work gave me some nice compliments too..


But its different for women though.

have fun blogging,
_Uday

 
At October 18, 2006 1:30 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Sure is different! Not so many women go bald naturally, for a start. It's just not as common a sight... and can you imagine that classic 3-stingy-clumps-of-hair-over-a-bald-crown on a woman??
No, it's usually women going through chemo that show their scalp... and often then they wear scarves, wigs, hats etc... I'm still not sure if it's a kind of 'shame' or just plain cold!

 
At October 18, 2006 8:00 pm, Blogger udayhere said...

You got it...
And just to add my 2 cents:

Since women like to look pretty [some cases HOT!!], they like to use all the possible options that they could. And hair on the head is one of the prominent options.

As you know more than me, there are tons of ways a lady could style her hair to look physically better. May be its to attract a better partner or just to feel good about herself.

I am defnitely not being judgemental or being a sexist... this is what I think is happenning, but dont know for sure. [and it takes a woman to know a woman better...]

On the flip side of the coin, may be in the society its not popular yet to look at a bald woman and say "Oh!...she is sooo smoking HOT!!"
May be it'll happen in future, when bald may become one of the hair styles [I have seen some women already doing that]

Anyways... it is a multi-faceted issue.

good luck,

 
At October 18, 2006 11:41 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Ah! This conversation brings to mind an episode of 'Friends' where they were all staying in a beach house, and Rachel persuaded Ross's girlfriend to shave her hair again. Ross immediately finds himself repulsed by this and rapidly extracts himself from the relationship (oh shallow man! :-))
But, that's the pressure society brings to bear on a person's image.
Baldness in women may also represent a sign of illness, and therefore be avoided.
I've only met one woman who chose to remain bald after chemo - she said she stopped living up to an image, and people also treated her differently (more respectfully?)without hair.
Whatever the reasons, as you say, it isn't seen as acceptable for women, and I'm sure my shaving my head deliberately like this will shock a few (already some horror has been expressed! :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home