Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

29 December 2006

(J) Justin the Giant

Don't you love the way in these moon shots
(for you MOI :-) )
the trees and branches all seem to be reaching for the moon!





Today, I have spent the whole day waiting in for a delivery of my son's replacement laptop! I've been looking forward to its arrival for more than one reason - firstly, because it's been a godsend to my son in his studies ... but secondly for a very selfish reason.

When I was told of its impending arrival yesterday, the guy also told me that it's been much upgraded from the cheapo model which crashed to the floor when the dogs ran through the leads to welcome a visitor to the door!! And, if it is upgraded as he says, then I might well be able to put my cd with the video for the head-shave on...

But, it hasn't arrived as promised... The dogs haven't been walked as I haven't wanted to miss the delivery... and I'm feeling rather frustrated, because I thought I could finally complete on the other blog!! Never mind - patience!!






Now, I really feel I've avoided doing anything whatsoever round the house today (you'd be proud of me Topchamp - I think I can match what you left when you went away, and then some!! :-D Possibly could do with some nice tidy person to come point at the piles and push me into action!)






So, anyway, I think it's been some time since I put up one of my kiddy A to Z, Monsters 4 Bed rhymes, and the last one (Octanarian Ogre) got very little reaction, whether it was because it was missed in a flurry of activity round that time, or because there was nothing to say, I really don't know... but it's made me very, very wary of putting up the next one, ' cos I'm getting to the really disgusting ones now!! :-S

Point is, do I dare put them up? I could, otherwise, do two things:

  • First, I could remove the A to Z element of the whole lot of them.... jumble them up and forget they were ever anything different.
  • Secondly, I could write new monster rhymes for the last few letters.

But, these two options wouldn't be working towards my goal of 'clearing out' the old ones... And so, a decision... I'll put the last ones up, no matter how disgusting they are, and get them gone from my bag under the stairs....

So, sorry, if you have a weak stomach, it might be better not to read!

Ok, looking through I see they're not all completely disgusting.... but this one is!! :-D

[if this is the first of my rhymes you are reading, I assure you they're not all like this... some are actually quite nice...]




[Justin the Giant removed for publishing Aug 2017
now found on Amazon (A-Z Monsters (not) For Bed)]



(again, apologies for the disgustingness - must've been in one of those moods at the time... :-) )
(Oh, and - if you've read this far- Cafe Munch-U-WitchStew is the star of 'Voodoo's Verdict', which I haven't put up yet... maybe that one should be next!)

© Annelisa Christensen 7:01 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

16 Comments:

At December 29, 2006 9:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the trees are playing handball.

I'll be back to comment on the poem.

 
At December 29, 2006 9:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the attention span of a gnat
crushed on a lorry with a splat

I always love your poems, but I am overwhelmed with the brilliance of the prose.

I could never in a million years write stuff as good as that.

Have a great weekend, see you Tuesday.

 
At December 29, 2006 10:17 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Like the imagery of trees playing handball, Brian!! It really does look like it too :-)

Oh, you're so sweet, Brian... You say the lovliest things.... specially when I know this one could be an absolute disaster! :-D

Your prose has a brilliance of it's own - love your poems! I could never write like that!

See you Tuesday - have a good weekend!

 
At December 29, 2006 11:36 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I love "vomit fondue"!! And thanks for the moon pics! I love them! Reach for the moon!

 
At December 29, 2006 11:58 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Eugh! That's one of the bits that I thought would churn your stomach... With your sweet tooth, MOI, is it possible to love it? :-D

I thought you'd like the moon... :-)

 
At December 30, 2006 12:06 pm, Blogger mystic rose said...

happy new year to you two! have a rocking new year's eve! and hope the next year will be fulfilling for you in al the ways you want it to be.
hugs!

 
At December 30, 2006 1:24 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks Mystic, I hope your New Year's the best ever! And that your year ahead fulfills some of your dreams!

 
At December 30, 2006 2:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night Quasar9 couldn't leave a comment (what's new!!), so sent it to me via email [hope you don't mind I put it up here, Q9!]:

Hi Annelisa, tried posting but beta blogger
won't give me a verification word ... so ...

Remind me to give the cafe Manchu fondue in Peru a miss
maybe I'll run away with the girl in green to Japan ...
whaddaya say - lol!

So you needing someone to walk the dogs while you wait
for the laptop - alas if you'd said yesterday or the day B4.

Maybe one day - I'll pop around. I'm sure the girl with
the Xmas hat can easily be found in your town. yes? no?

 
At December 30, 2006 2:30 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hiya Quasar9!

Wouldn't mind running to Japan - it's somewhere I've never been
But I'd also like Australia and Peru - for them I've never seen!

I'm still waiting for the delivery-
where they've got to is a mystery!
so alas and alack the dogs still haven't walked
and the champagne hasn't been uncorked.

Maybe you can find me easier than them
with my Mickey mouse christmas hat it should be no problem!

((Hugs)) Quasar9!

 
At December 30, 2006 2:51 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Annelisa,
Thanks for the e-card of the dancing 'xxxxxxxx' lol!
I won't say what unless it is still a surprise for some lol!.

Hope your new laptop comes soon, else the dogs will be so mad they'll probably chase the delivery van right into next year.

 
At December 30, 2006 2:53 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Well as you can see
today I can het thru
So here's wishing you
all the best too roo loo

Hope your time is filled with cheer
from now and well into the New Year

 
At December 30, 2006 6:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the slideshow; the sunset picture was a particular favorite! Thanks for the comments :)

 
At December 30, 2006 6:48 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-D Glad you liked the dancing ***** Quasar9!

I've been in for 2 days now, waiting for that darned laptop, and not only hasn't it come, but nobody's on the other end of the telephone! :-( Guess it's not coming back until after New Year now ...

Managed to walk the dogs though... and got absolutely drenched as thanks!

Hello Vi Thanks for the compliment on the pictures, and for coming over! Good to meet you!

 
At December 31, 2006 12:25 am, Blogger TopChamp said...

I don't think it's disgusting. I'm sure you've written far grosser things (?).

Haven't checked your other blog yet to see if the laptop has arrived with the capacity to upload videos but will pop over now.

Hope you have a great New Year - see you in 2007.

 
At December 31, 2006 11:13 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

You're absolutely right, TC- that's far from the worst.. just introducing them slowly :-D

Afraid the other laptop didn't arrive, so it'll have to wait until after the New Year holidays before I even manage to phone through and give off about why I waited in for 2 days and nobody bothered to get in touch! :-(

Hope you have a great time too - see you next year!

 
At April 11, 2007 12:33 pm, Blogger twilite said...

Hi Annelisa. What beautiful pics of moonlight scenes...I can hear the frightful sounds coming from the poem. Good write! A treat indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home