Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

22 December 2006

After my radical haircut!

I'm out babysitting in a min, so I'll just leave you with some thoughts about my hair (or rather lack of it! :-D )







Things I won't be saying:

Where's the hairbrush?

I'm staying in tonight to wash my hair.

Where's the shampoo?

So, how shall I have my hair tonight?

Anyone want to use the bathroom? I'm just going to wash my hair... (takes a while when it's over 2 feet long... :-) )

Hang on a minute - better tie my hair back first...

Can't see - hair's in my eyes!

Ouch! Can't get these knots out!

Oh no! Not bug-busting again!!!! [yahay!]

Right, nobody ask me to do anything... I'm plaiting up my hair tonight... got any good films? [it usually took 3 hours plus...]

I just can't do a thing with my hair today- it's got a mind of it's own!!

What's this bird's nest doing on my head?

Anyone want to sponsor me for a head-shave?

Better call the plumber - my hair's done it's clogging thing again...!







Things I might well be saying:

Are me ears clean?

Which hat shall I wear? Give me that one... No, maybe I'll have a wig tonight... Blonde? Nope, I'll go brown...long or short? straight or curly? What's this one like?

ooo, who's that? (I think I must've thought that dozens of times, catching my reflection in a window/ mirror!)

Oh god, there's someone in the house! Oh, it's me....!

I look so weeeeird!

Who's hair is this blocking up the plughole?






© Annelisa Christensen 10:53 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

10 Comments:

At December 22, 2006 10:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a hairy Christmas. Hairs to you.


Have a great and peaceful weekend with your family. :)

Hip, Hip Hairay!!!

 
At December 22, 2006 11:38 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol! Annelisa

On the plus side
tou won't be having
A Bad Hair Day - for a while

 
At December 22, 2006 11:40 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Yo Ho Ho
And a Merry Xmas to you all
Season Greetings to you and the kids, hope you have fun -

and hey they may be able to
"Pull Your Leg"
but they won't be able to
"Pull Your hair"

laters ... Q

 
At December 23, 2006 9:51 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

lol, Brian!!
Hip, Hip Hairay!!!
indeed! :-D

I will be visiting everyone some time soon... still got a lot to do in preparation, so must concentrate on that first.... C U soon! And a hairy, merry Christmas to you too!

Q9- It's actually a great weight off me, being hair-free! Although I keep jumping when I see my reflection, I think my hair was beginning to define me subtley... it was time for it to go!

A very merry Christmas to you and yours too, Quasar9!

ps the kids don't need my hair to wrap me round their little fingers! :-)

 
At December 23, 2006 9:06 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Too clever and so true! Where's the De-tangler? Whoops! Broke the comb!
I'd love not to have to comb my wet tangly hair. You'll never get any headaches from the weight of your hair!

Wish I could help you do shopping! But I'd have it all done for you by now since I hate crowds! Hope you get all you have to do done. You likely work better under timelines..I'd be freaking out, frozen, spinning around in circles!
Have a wonderful Christmas, Annelisa!

Thanks for the B-day wishes! I had a great one with 2 lunches out with friends, 2 couples over for dinner last night, and a night in Toronto, with my husband to see the musical, "The Rockettes"! Had a little girl I used to teach here all afternoon to give her a stocking of presents and that was nice.
Am getting tired!

Don't worry..I don't want that magazine life! I love my own warm home with all the ecclectic style of my belongings!

 
At December 24, 2006 4:15 am, Blogger M. Shahin said...

LOL! Wearing a scarf definitely keeps off the pressure of bad hair days :-)

I've been thinking of going bald myself, but everyone around me is begging me not to do it, so I won't for now, but I just might surprise them ;-)

 
At December 24, 2006 4:28 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Mother of Invention- had to go out (on Christmas Eve, of all times, just before the shops shut :-) ) to be able to write this. The other one was sending the pc crazy!

Glad you had a good birthday - sounds fun! It's been ages (Oh, I think it was 'Phantom of the Opera the last December) that I went to a musical. Roquettes sounds good to me!

Shopping finally done. Now to wrap it all, whilst cooking the evening meal and finishing last cleaning up...

M. Shahin- You're thinking of going bald? :-D Actually, I'd recommend doing it once in your life (but maybe don't take 2 months over it like I do - became a bit excrutiating :-D)- it really makes you look at yourself differently. You look at the 'real' you, instead of the image you normally portray. I'm not unhappy, seeing who I am...in fact, I feel just a might more confident now I've done the ultimate 'de-personalising', and feel a lot lighter too :-)

 
At December 29, 2006 12:22 pm, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

If you don't mind, you can add this to Things I Won't Be Saying:

I had a bad hair day. =P

Wow, I didn't know there's so much to do to maintain long hair! I have to admit that your blog post really made me laugh! They're too funny! =D

So how's your experience with no hair? And hey, don't worry, you look pretty neat with no hair too! =D

 
At December 29, 2006 3:21 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-D Not saying "I had a bad hair day" is one of the greatest things about having no hair!

Long hair, while it can look good, can be a pain in the backside to look after - especially when in a rush. It's brilliant having no hair... Last night my washing it involved:
1) putting a tiny dot of shampoo in my hand and rubbing it over the scalp (and bristly hair that's growing back)
2) Rinsing it off (took all of 10 seconds)
3) Drying it with a face cloth (:-) !!!)
4) Rubbing in coconut oil to condition the scalp

It took all of 5 minutes, if that! The convenience of wigs and hats makes hair redundant at the mo, so I'm just enjoying the maintenance-free period, and am wondering if to keep it this length permenently (well, for a few months anyhow....)

 
At November 02, 2007 10:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WGzV0p The best blog you have!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home