Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

19 December 2006

Today in Pictures:


On the way to get a party food for my daughter's last-day
Christmas party before school and work

- the frosty sun rose through the mist.




And on my return, as I parked the car, the sun went behind a cloud




The mist hung around all day whilst at work




The setting sun goes down as I fetch my daughter from school



And on the way back home, we stopped
so I could take a couple of photos from the playing fields






After this beautiful sunset, the fog came down so thickly and so quickly that, when I went out to buy a royal blue wig [obviously a higher priority than Christmas shopping when one is due to go bald the following day :-) ... I found a royal blue one, but it just looked hideous on. So, I bought a couple of others instead, which I'll model sometime over the next few days on my other blog!] I couldn't see a thing!

I know some are going away for Christmas now so, just in case I don't talk to you before:



Merry Christmas
and a
Happy New Year!!!



© Annelisa Christensen 8:04 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

12 Comments:

At December 20, 2006 1:20 am, Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

You take really nice photos; you have a good eye.

I've had problems commenting on some blogs recently. I type & type and then, when I click... all my work disappears!

It's been happening since blogger initiated the damned beta final.

Grrrrr! We'll see if this works. If it does not... you won't know it!

 
At December 20, 2006 5:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas as well to you. Love the pictures of the sunsets. I go to work before the sun rises and don't leave until after it sets.

 
At December 20, 2006 5:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to ask you. Did you get your car fixed?

Word verify: OEXEO

Either a snack cake or elves grunting

 
At December 20, 2006 8:39 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hiya Chieftain!

Well done for getting the comment up. It's certainly been frustrating these last couple of weeks - enough to drive you to another blog-continent!
Still, it looks like it might be fixed now...

Hiya Brian - I've been going to work at sunrise, and returning from fetching my daughter when it sets, so it's been perfect timing to catch the moment.

Car? Don't mention car to me! I got it through its MOT, but it cost me £350, then, the next day my locks suddenly started popping up and down, as they did before the motors burned out a couple of weeks ago (needing replacing and costing an equivalent amount... :-( ) Took it to be checked out, and of course the darn thing behaved perfectly... until I got it home again!!! so, I'm still having problems, and Christmas is looming...

Well, you did ask! :-)

 
At December 20, 2006 11:51 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Annelisa, awesome
Magical late Sunlight

 
At December 20, 2006 11:53 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Annelisa,
That's some magic spots you show
maybe one day we'll get to talk
whilst going for a peaceful walk

 
At December 21, 2006 3:01 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

I especially love the midday mist (I think it was midday, since the sun was directly overhead), it gives a really mystique aura...

I got to see foggy sunsets too in Melbourne, except the fog was actually thick haze from bushfires happening over at that state, and the air wasn't too pleasant to breathe in.

 
At December 21, 2006 12:06 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Maybe we will at that, Q9

Yes, it was late morning/ midday, FK... that sort of hazy light you get sometimes (or maybe you don't where you are!)

I've heard bushfire smoke creates lovely sunsets - but no, though it looks nice, I don't suppose it smells very good :-S

 
At December 22, 2006 7:49 pm, Blogger TopChamp said...

Was just coming on to compliment you on your pictures esp. the setting sun which I have just set as background... when I flicked to your other blog and saw YOU'VE DONE IT!

And you look very nice in your squinty santa hat hairless though you are....

Congrats!

 
At December 23, 2006 9:34 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi Topchamp!

Thanks for the compliment re pictures... I really think I've been pretty lucky with the sunrises and sunsets recently!

And yep! Did it - and did it in style! :-D

I'll find some pictures of hats and wigs later, and put them on....

 
At December 24, 2006 4:16 am, Blogger M. Shahin said...

Those are beautiful sunsets!!! You are a lover of photography - have you ever thought of joining Flicrk?

 
At November 02, 2007 2:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home