Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

05 December 2006

Just a quick one...



What a weird day - last night I (again) fell asleep and missed visiting blogging friends; I woke late, so kids woke late; skipped breakfast; Had to drive through rain blustering so strongly I couldn't see 5 foot in front of me; Got stuck in traffic for 20 minutes (so was late for work! :-( ); sorted out a mini-emergency the moment I walked in the door; then left work to take son to doc's; braved the stormy weather to go get flowers with anthers and stamens for biology (left son in car whilst took flowers in to school); Had to sort out more major crisis as 3 whiteboards have gone down, which means all lessons planned in the immediate future have to be re-hashed to exclude this medium... (unfortunately the new courses almost exclusively use them, so you can imagine a few panicking teachers!); took son home finally.... and returned back to work to deal with the rest of the day....and all before 10.30am!!

And, you know what? It could be the worst day ever, but it isn't because... da da da da daaaaa! Yahoo and hooray! My Heroines and Heros blog has been named the 'Bestest Blog of the Day'!!!! :-D


© Annelisa Christensen 10:49 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

11 Comments:

At December 05, 2006 4:08 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hello there Puddy Cat! Good to see you still slinking around! Just topped up milk in the saucer :-)

 
At December 05, 2006 4:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI it sound's like you are having a very fast moving day today ,and by the way congrat's on getting best blog of the day . You do have a geart blog all of them take care ,and celabreat you desearve it friend .

 
At December 05, 2006 6:37 pm, Blogger madd said...

Hey sweetie..missed you but I am back so look out..already got you..Your Tagged..:)go see my post it explains all..have fun and congrats on the best blog of the day!! take care..m

 
At December 05, 2006 7:38 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

So you haven't caught
that bright white full Moon
high up in the crystal clear sky

 
At December 05, 2006 7:40 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

PS - I went to another blog today

And they were talking about
camels, and other shapes in the clouds - dunno if she'd been past here, or just synchronicity. lol!

 
At December 05, 2006 8:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's the prize look like? :) Congrats on being the bestest blog on the bestest day in the world.

Love the sky pic.

 
At December 05, 2006 9:02 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

That's a lovely thing to say, Hope! I'm glad you stopped by - celebrating with friends is more fun!

OOoooo, Madd - I've never been tagged before. I've seen others mention it, but I guess I'm about to find out what this it's all about!? :-)

Hi Quasar - I'd love to, really I would! But, it just comes out as an incey wincey spot (admitedly a glowing one) - There's a most amazing moon tonight, with fast moving clouds rushing past... gorgeous... I'm not even going to try to capture it (I'll only get disappointed :-( )

How strange someone else is seeing camels in clouds... I wonder if they wandered all round the planet! (Any chance I can know who it is, so I can go take a peek?)

Hi Brian - keep meaning to pop by, but keep falling asleep on the sofa, then not waking up til morn (must be still recovering, I guess).

Hmmm, the prize looks like larger numbers on the counter, and comments at the end of the post, I guess... but I certainly wouldn't kick that - it's great. Shame the kids aren't impressed :-D

 
At December 06, 2006 3:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had a rough day, but I guess that's a blessing in disguise; your Heroines and Heroes blog won the Bestest Blog of the Day award! Horray!!!

Maybe you should hope for a bad day...and reap the goodness the day owes you at the end of the day? =P

 
At December 06, 2006 8:13 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hey FK! Actually, many of my mornings are like that! :-D I was just noticing it yesterday because I wasn't getting stressed out by it all... :-)

So, you reckon the day was in return for the Bestest Blog - a Karma thing?

 
At December 06, 2006 11:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I've never looked at that website but will now have a browse, as they're obviously posting good quality stuff.

 
At December 08, 2006 2:15 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Topchamp - Flatterer you! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home