Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

29 November 2006

2 reservoir photos

Seven more verses have been added to my ongoing Heroines and Heroes poem - Madd, Goatman, Topchamp, The Froliksome kid, David Hodge, The House of the (Mostly) Black Cats and Maryam from Marakesh! (I've had a wee bit o' spare time with my illness...) I'm sure there's others to do, but only if me ol' head clears!

I've also given the Heroines and Heroes Poem it's own Blogg!



These two photographs are taken at the local reservoir about a week ago
Quite a striking scene, I thought...














.

© Annelisa Christensen 12:43 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

10 Comments:

At November 29, 2006 1:01 am, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Annelisa,
You were not jesting
when you said you liked
capturing images of clouds
Beautiful photos of reservoir!

I'm guessing you can wip up a storm
and to the dancing clouds give form

 
At November 29, 2006 3:16 am, Blogger madd said...

Annelisa..when I don't visit you for a day or two and then come to say Hi I am immediately reminded why I love comming here..I really enjoy your blog and your pictures so inspiring..BTW great and beautiful calendar. Thanks for your lovely comment on the jewelry..'ppreciate it..take care ..m

 
At November 29, 2006 1:00 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi Q9 - No, I really wasn't kidding about the clouds - I must have literally thousands of photos on my hard drive, just waiting to pop out. Trouble is, because many of them are cloud scenes, I don't want to bore people silly with exclusively putting them up... Got some brilliant ones yesterday when I went to fetch my son from school!

But I think the clouds form me, rather than vice versa - I can't help but to be drawn to them...

Hi Madd - thanks for stopping by. I think you came and went before your lines in Heroines and Heroes went in... so, maybe you'll seem them next time!

btw - you do lovely jewellery!

 
At November 29, 2006 3:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh lovely!

 
At November 29, 2006 6:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love clouds!!! Bring 'em on. Great poems, great pics. What's not to love???

 
At November 29, 2006 7:17 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi Mystic - as always, good to see you! Yeah, it was kinda nice... I bugged my daughter by stopping to take these two, as she just wanted to get home after Karate!

You love clouds, Brian? Well, I'll put some on later for you!

 
At November 30, 2006 11:15 pm, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Thankful that you chose to take a moment to capture your moment of inspiration and share it with us. 8-)

 
At December 01, 2006 2:56 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Did you take the photo of the reservoir at different times? It looks like a very nice place to take a nice walk.

And thanks so much for adding me to the Heroines and Heroes poem, I shall check it out! ;)

 
At December 01, 2006 10:07 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-) My kids aren't so thankful though, Kilroy - they usually groan and say 'oh, not again!' or something such like!

Frolicsome Kid - These photos were taken quite close together on the same evening - the clouds were moving so fast, it was an ever-changing view... and yes, a lovely place to walk.

(You captured me with Kinderella, so into the poem you went! :-D)

 
At December 03, 2006 8:25 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Mmmmm! Moody and reflective. Sounds about right. At the time I thought the sky seemed to reflect the ground a bit. It's a nice bit of water...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home