Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

28 January 2007

Bloggies!



This is a special post for Maryam...(interlaced, of course, with my piccies - some of the stormy ones I didn't post earlier :-) )




Ok, when I found out about the Bloggies (the Annual Weblog Awards... said in a very British accent, even though it's American...) I voted for several of my favourite blogs (I'm not going to say which ones I voted for, in case the others feel hard-done by... just know that I found a category for just about everyone to slip them in... :-)




Thing is, one very good friend whom I nominated, Maryam of My Marrakesh- who has a most fascinating and interesting blog about her move to Morocco, has actually got through to the finals!!!

If you haven't visited her before, know that she is brazenly asking for your nominations... ha ha!

No, really... her blog is soooo worth the visit. It is all about her move to Marrakesh, the designs and building of the family's new home and guesthouse (which looks like a palace!) to be let out, and all the most wonderful, sumptuous odds and ends she finds to fill and decorate it! She takes you into another world...





So, if you read her blog, and agree with me, she could do with some voting power behind her (she's up against some 'big guys') ... takes a moment to find her category "Best African and Middle Eastern Weblog" - 4th category down- and vote, then simply verify when you get the email... she's worth it (even if she is being a brazen hussy (her words! :-) ) about it!!!




ok, enough of the plug already! :-D Maryam's site will speak for itself...

I'll be back tomorrow to put some more piccies, and a poem up...

© Annelisa Christensen 10:51 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

15 Comments:

At January 29, 2007 12:17 am, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Ok I took a closer look at the tinsel
I must say Annelisa you look darn good for a 251 year old, you sure you haven't been on holidays on that planet from Next Generation with the 'vadu'

 
At January 29, 2007 12:30 am, Blogger Mystic Rose said...

whats with everyone's age at 251??
(this is the umpteenth blogger ive seen 250+ yrs old :) )
is that the highest blogger will let you go?

yay! maryam. im going to take a look!

 
At January 29, 2007 1:56 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Annelisa, you must know I love how the British speaks! It's so...English-y! I just adore it! *gives a long sighhhh*

Out of the blogs in the Bloggies, the only one that I know was of course Maryam's! I really don't know how to nominate for the rest! I'm not in the mood to browse through all the blogs there and see which one's the best among them all! =\

There are some blog categories out there which I dislike, and I have no idea how to vote for them...

You know, I have to thank you for putting her in the Heroines and Heroes poem, that was how I found her site! It was awesome (and I have a slight interest in interior designing), and so the first time I saw her site, I was like...OKAY, I'm so reading this regularly! ;)

She got my vote already, but I haven't submit my vote yet! =P

 
At January 29, 2007 8:25 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

I have lived for many many years, Quasar9 - I hear the first 250 are the hardest... so now I look forward to another 250 being much wiser and able to enjoy the small things in life! :-)

I'm sure my age next year will be 252, Mystic...
Yeah, Maryam deserves a look...she's got one most excellent blog!

FK - Maryam's was the only one I knew too... which was a bit disappointing since I nominated some very good blogs in other categories (nominated you for best Asian (I think it was) and best teen! :-))

 
At January 29, 2007 2:42 pm, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Awww annelisa! Thank you so, so much!!! *hugs* (Yep, you got my continent right =P) And I nominated for you too under Best British/Irish Weblogs! =) It's too bad the blogs I nominated did not get through to the voting stage. And you know, I think it's a little bit unfair that the previous winners can participate again! =P

 
At January 29, 2007 3:39 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Awww, *hugs back* FK - That was really sweet of you! I guess, if those blogs are still popular, then they've got just as much right to enter for this year's as last... I noticed 'Boing Boing' are at the top again!

Back to your earlier subject of hearing British speak... I'm trying to get one of my poems into audio at the mo... which one would you have first?

 
At January 29, 2007 6:43 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for introducing "My Marrakesh" - it´s nice to "know" someone to vote for!

So I´m going to vote for Maryam in a second!

=)

 
At January 29, 2007 6:44 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and: I like your new avatar... green hair is so sexy LOL

 
At January 29, 2007 7:29 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

I'm glad you like "My Marrakesh" Sanni - it's one of my regular reads... I like to dream of distant foreign lands :-) and Maryam makes it sound oh so exotic!

I don't know, shaved off all my hair, and it grows back green and shiney! :-D

 
At January 29, 2007 10:19 pm, Blogger ann said...

thanks for directing us to that most amazing exotic blog... and your pics are so real... LOL brrrrrrrr..........

 
At January 29, 2007 11:43 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Do you wish you stayed over with Maryam, Ann? I confess I wish I had... Oh, to know the sun is beating down while sitting in the sumptuous interior of one of her beautiful buildings... mmmmm... should we get tickets over?

 
At January 30, 2007 4:17 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Hmm...what about Voodoo's Verdict? ;) I love to hear your audio! =)

 
At January 30, 2007 8:25 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Ok, FK... I'll bear it in mind (out of all the ones I've done, that's the one you choose??!!!??? )

 
At January 31, 2007 2:13 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

There's Pleasure Thief, Grant Us Peace, Last Call, Scurrilous, Titan the Terrible etc. =P

 
At January 31, 2007 8:16 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

FK- Ok, I'll go for one of those, methinks... I just don't think I could start on one that I least like... :-S

...that's if I can get the mike on the computer working... it didn't the other day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home