Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

16 January 2007

Coffee break...





I've got about 5 mins left of my coffee break, which I've had to work through to counteract time out to take my son home with a stomach ache...

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who left comments on my last post "That'll be ninepence!" about my dad... he was a unique, interesting, life-loving person, and the only person I've ever met who could have a damn good emotive arguement without letting it affect the way we were to each other the rest of the time!!
What I mean by this is that we could argue strongly, even as a 'devil's advocate', and know that just because we were exploring that point from that particular angle, didn't mean that would be assumed to be the belief held (if you see what I mean...?!) That, funnily enough, is what I miss most about him :-)

...along with all the other things...

I think, personality-wise, I'm very like my dad. How I look comes from my mum's side - most definately! I look like my mum's mum, and my mum's brother's daughter (cousin)... The similarities are strong. But, I think I have my dad's nose :-D

Oops, running over, gotta go!

© Annelisa Christensen 11:54 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

9 Comments:

At January 16, 2007 1:10 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

My dad has a very strong dominate personality and we argue well, but it doesn't ever really piss us off.

I'll have to look at the pics again. I thought I could see more of your dad in you.

Hope you had something yummy for coffee break! (I'm just having breakfast now! Boring old toast and peanut butter with diet marmalade!)

 
At January 16, 2007 3:53 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hiya MOI - It sounds like you have a good relationship with your dad... I think you have to have to be able to argue without taking it personally?
My dad had a pretty dominating personality too, but also was like mush with us children, and shy with others.

It might be a wild guess, but I'd bet there must be features in me from my dad... being as I have half his genes :-)

Didn't have any yummies with coffee...If I'd gone for anything I wouldn't have had time to sit at the computer :-) However, I dreamed of a couple of chicken tikka samosas followed by a chocolate eclair! (Just the thought's bloating me up right now!! :-D )

:-) Was the peanut butter and marmalade on the same bit of toast, and did you eat it upside down?

 
At January 16, 2007 6:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wear me out just reading about your life. You are so strong and so giving.

 
At January 16, 2007 7:34 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Funnily enough though, Kitty, is that when I was a teenager I still hoped that I was adopted, and that one day my real parents would come and rescue me!! :-S Just don't appreciate what we have sometimes, eh?

Sorry to hear your experience with fathers wasn't so good... I don't know what it must be like to have someone in the house who makes you unhappy (as I presume, seeing as you said 'opposite)...especially in your younger formative years, where you are so sensitive to what people say to you, and about you, and how they behave... I can only imagine, since it's hard sometimes even with decent parents (and all the emotions and upheavals that come with their reactions to life experiences), that it must be quite miserable with ones you don't get on with...

I actually took the two holly pictures a couple of weeks ago(in my stock of if-blogger-won't-take-my-pictures selection :-)), but since I was at work, I had no other pics available. I didn't know coffee beans have a red outside layer - interesting. For some reason I thought of coffee 'beans' as being more like nuts - the outside layer...even though the bean looks so like a seed it's probably obvious!! :-)

Didn't think kitties like getting their paws wet... better get the blankie out to dry them on :-)

 
At January 16, 2007 7:43 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Oooo, where did you come from Brian? You weren't there a minute or two ago! :-)

A lot of people say I'm strong, but believe me, I feel like an absolute wimp most of the time. Just good at giving the appearance of dealing with stuff.

Actually, I think you're generally as strong as those close to you allow you... I have a good network of family, friends and work-mates who are very supportive, and who've got me through a heck of a lot over the last few years... that's what holds me up!!

Giving? Well, I guess so... in the way that I can see so many things in the world that are wrong, and want to make a difference. And maybe in that, like most, I care very deeply about those close to me and would do anything for them.

After a visit to me, you need to go put your feet up, eh? Or is that just your excuse? :-D

 
At January 16, 2007 9:08 pm, Blogger ann said...

sorry I've not been around, but just read your wonderful tribute to your father... you have some beautiful memories to treasure

hope your little one is better now

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

 
At January 16, 2007 10:29 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi Ann with the lovely (and not at all boring!) name- I know so many people feel bad that they don't get round everyone all the time (don't we all!), but isn't it just such a joy that there's so many friends to visit, in fact always someone to visit, and enjoy their 'company' of?

All kids are, as far as I know (unless this has changed since they nipped up to bed) absolutely fine, thank you! (now, I really should touch wood at this point...my head will have to do! :-D )

 
At January 16, 2007 11:41 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Always the same piece of toast and up-side down! Doesn't everybody??!!

 
At January 17, 2007 12:57 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

oh, er, course they do, MOI!! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home