Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

09 January 2007

(M) Monsters' Retreat



Well, isn't it always the way - when you most want to do something, everything conspires against you! Today, ever since I found I have the 'Bestest Blog of the day', I've wanted to get on here, see what's going on and write a post...

Well, I put my soldering iron away, and got out my pen (ok keypad), only to be interrupted by that dreaded thing called 'work'... well, I guess they're paying me, so I put the keypad away again, and returned to fixing stuff...

Then, I thought I'd have a try when I got home... fat chance - as soon as I walked in the door, the dogs just bowled me over! (They didn't get a walk yesterday due to circumstances beyond control, so they were raring to go!)

Then I had to fetch my daughter from school... and I turned on the pc when I got home... "Just 5 minutes, " I said. Ha ha! The moment I sat at the desk, a message popped up on the screen, "This program has just performed an illegal action and will now shut down" ... and it did. Then, so did the computer...

...by which time I had another child to fetch from school, so away I went again...

And on my return, guess what - yep, said daughter had nabbed my seat and the computer, and I had to wait again...

...until, finally (!) here I am. The first attempt of publishing failed due to some blogging failure or other (surprise surprise)... but... will this one stick?!



So, the saga of getting a post up is over, and here it is. Lots of wet wood and one of the last of my Monsters 4 Bed kiddie rhymes! (Hey, wasn't that worth waiting for - especially the wet wood!?! :-D ) If you look at the piccie above, can you see a ghost of an owl in the water?



Ok, these two are pushing it, but I just liked the colour of the wet wood - maybe I should try and blow the trunk section of the first one up, and see if this brings out the colour and shine that caught my eye as I hurried up the path...

The three pictures at the bottom were my inquisitiveness nibbling at me. I saw the chunk of wood on the side of the path, when I went to find a stick to throw for the dogs... it just asked to be looked at, sashaying itself onto all different backgrounds to bring out the lovely earthy colours... so, I obliged by taking the photos... of course, they'll be featured in some celebrity mag next month! :-D

And now, alas and alack! To cook dinner... oh, how mundane, when wouldst that one could rather sit and write awhile....






[poem Monsters' Retreat moved for publishing Aug 2017
other rhymes from this collection now on Amazon A-Z Monsters (not) For Bed]








Once more, Bobby, thankyou so much for making me the best blog of the day, and a huge hug and more thanks, Mimi, for writing such lovely things about me - I think I might even have blushed when I first read your review [sheepish grin!]


© Annelisa Christensen 4:02 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

24 Comments:

At January 09, 2007 7:30 pm, Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Hi.. Congrats on your BESTEST BLOG OF THE DAY...

Some great photos here...

I have seen you mentioned by T.C. many times and - I believe - you are the incredible woman who had her head shaved for charity...hope that is YOU! LOL

Again congrats...Mimi spoke highly of you and she is never wrong.

 
At January 09, 2007 8:25 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hey Bond - it's so strange (and, of course, great) to see you here - I've seen you all over the blogosphere, and so many times I've thought of following you back to your Big Leather Couch... why the heck haven't I? I don't know, honestly! I will though. I'll be over to see you soon!

:-D Yes, it was me (not someone else you read about recently, and muddled me with) who lost my hair to cancer research - and it was sooo worth it!

Lovely to meet you at last, Bond!

 
At January 09, 2007 11:17 pm, Blogger Mohamed said...

You have some nice pics here, you may be intersted to have a look on my blog for my pics too.

 
At January 09, 2007 11:19 pm, Blogger Linda said...

Hello! I read the review of your blog over on Mimi's page and thought I would pop in to see what it was all about and to congratulate you on your "Bestest Blog of the Day" win!

Absolutely beautiful pictures and poetry are to be found here! I will definitely be back again!

 
At January 10, 2007 12:16 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hello, mohamed and thanks! Chances are, I shall come back to yours and look at your pics... I like to meet new people! And I'm glad you stopped and said hello!

 
At January 10, 2007 12:19 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Ah, Linda, it's lovely to meet you too (specially when you say such nice things! :-D) I'll look forward to our next meeting!

 
At January 10, 2007 12:28 am, Blogger Unknown said...

And that´s exactly why I nominated Mimi and you for the bloggies!

*Ooooops* - *SHHHHH* I didn´t tell you =)

I love the way you both write.

Again: Congrats on your well-deserved award!

 
At January 10, 2007 2:37 am, Blogger David Hodges said...

Oh Annelisa, the places and things you explore to find your beauty! No fresh blossoms for you. Give you fungus and bogs and slippery logs! So perfect for the monster maven! You're in rare form this very early morning.

 
At January 10, 2007 7:09 am, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol!
I thought being slobs & farty
is what certain earthlings think
is the way to have fun & party
or so the telly would have us think
as it is said to represent reality

 
At January 10, 2007 7:16 am, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Always kind to caricature reality
enables us to 'escape' the reality
dressed up in costumes of halloween
or in a pantomime maybe you've been

Carnaval must be the best of all
people wearing colourful masks
cute & ugly in different tasks
disguise themselves and have a ball

 
At January 10, 2007 7:37 am, Blogger TopChamp said...

Congratulations for the best blog. Only 5 mins til I'm late for work so best go now!

 
At January 10, 2007 9:52 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

I loooove the poem! It really makes a whole lot of sense, why monsters are inside kids' wild imaginations. I think that's where they reside too! (I don't think adults think monsters hide under their beds, eh? ;) )

I don't know, but that poem really reminds me of Monster, Inc. And that big, blue, furry Mike and the green, one-eyed Sally.

Oh, and Boo, the cute little "fearless" girl!

I was once told not to be afraid of ghosts; the ghosts were the ones who are afraid of us! So who fears who now??? =)

Ooohh, you nearly complete the whole anthology of poems! Lots of luck in finishing them, you can do it!!! =D

 
At January 10, 2007 12:17 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

That's strange, Sanni I'm sure I answered your comment yesterday... must've joined the others in voidoid...

Funnily enough, I'd nominated you and Mimi in the bloggies too... Thanks for thinking of me - that was really sweet of you!

I'm glad you enjoy coming over, as the feeling's mutual :-)

 
At January 10, 2007 12:33 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

"fungus and bogs and slippery logs", David? :-D Actually, you're probably not far wrong... Many a time I've come back from a walk with wet knees!

How I figure it is that there's not a lot of flowers or foliage for a couple of months yet... might as well enjoy the ability to get onto the forest floor in the first place (without the brambles and ferns blocking the way) and see what's usually covered.... It's the moss floor I like best, followed by the springy pine needles, which are like a trampoline! :-D

Definately a home for monsters there...




(will answer other comments later... I've been called from my break!)

 
At January 10, 2007 2:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being the bestest blog of the day... yesterday. Sorry I didn't get here then, still feeling sick. :(

 
At January 10, 2007 5:37 pm, Blogger Mystic Rose said...

how did i miss this post??
bestest blog of the day? wow..congratulations!

 
At January 10, 2007 6:41 pm, Blogger I blinded you with Science! said...

Annelisa;

It's about time you were the bestest blog of the day. We all knew it was, took the others some time to realize it.

Congratulations on the honor!

Hugs peachy!

 
At January 10, 2007 7:44 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hello ????, and welcome to blogging! I don't have qq I'm afraid... I'd never heard of it before now! I'll look it up later if I have time!




[for anyone who read Scurrilous and remembers how the dirty words were removed... my word verification is: wsasoape... to me this looks like 'wheres the soap?' in a drunken, shlurry voice :-) ]

 
At January 10, 2007 11:06 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I'm thinkin' you should be called the Mogger or Blonster since you post on blogger so much about monsters! And I just bet you loved Shrek!

word verif...xdogg!

 
At January 11, 2007 12:22 am, Blogger One Of said...

Hullo there, way to go. Two Bestest Blogs. Status reserved for the truly elite, my friend.

 
At January 11, 2007 12:48 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Sorry guys - things going on, so haven't been able to get on the pc much today... oh, it's been another of those days!! [wonder what it's like not to have 'one of those days'?!!

Hello there Quasar9 - seems to me you're in the party mood! :-) I have to say, I haven't been to one of those farty parties for a long while.. but then, it doesn't seem I've been to any parties for quite a while (I'm a sad, sad case, I am!! :-) ) Nearest is this pyjama party that goes on in blogging world right now (it's 12.35am, and here's lots of blogging friends visiting)- if only I had a glass of red in hand too, It'd be complete!

Topchamp - funny, I met someone today who I thought would be so like you... if you know what I mean. I imagine you bubbly and fun, a little sloppy (which makes me all the more comfortable with you), yet also persevering and dedicated... OOoooo, so much I infer, yet never having met! Am I close?
And thanks for stopping by...

You're right, FK - no adult thinks there's monsters under the bed!!! That would be ridiculous!


...ehm... would you just check behind the curtains and in the cupboard... and what's that shadow on the door (oh, it's my dressing gown... :-S )

Yep, the Monsters are nearly all up (thank goodness), and although slow, I am actually writing new stuff... it all seems to be half finished at the mo. I think I'm better working to deadlines, eg Mimi's Blogblast for Peace when I managed to actually finish it, and finished it when I meant to!! (amazing! :-) )

 
At January 11, 2007 1:09 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well, Brian - that makes it even more special you stopped by - thank you!

And thank you also Mystic - you've always been a great encouragement to me!

(((Hugs))) Diana!! I'm glad you stopped by here - It's always been over at Baring it All we've met before, isn't it? Otherwise over at your great blog, The Other Side! :-) I was a little worried I might not see you over this way, now my head shave is over - I'm glad to see you still around!! :-)

:-D MOI - how you come up with these ideas!! I think I kind of like Mogger, but maybe Blongster...? :-) Or what about plain ol' Pongster? :-)

Oh, you are sooooo right about me loving Shrek!! One of my favourite cartoon films ever (along with 'The Road to El Dorado'! - totally different, but makes me laugh every time!)... and yes, I did enjoy Monsters Inc too... I love the 'Monster with a heart of gold' stories! :-)

And One Of - it's really great to see you again! I hope you had a good New Year, and you're on the 'up' again!

D'you know, I hadn't actually thought of it like that - two Bestest Blogs of the day!! Wow, yeah, that sure does sound good!! [Feeling so chuffed at the mo, and with a big, silly grin on my face!! :-D ]

 
At January 11, 2007 2:36 pm, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

I work better too when there's a deadline set. Lol! It prevents the procrastination bug from biting me usually!

 
At January 11, 2007 5:09 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

That's probably it, FK - you know, I was thinking, there should be a procrastination monster... I think I might write you one! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home