Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

29 January 2007

(V) Voodoo's Verdict




Well, hasn't it gotten to be all cosy and nice round here... what with the collaboration with Mother of Invention to do her song video; Maryam getting to be in the final of the bloggies; Topchamp finally (finally!) getting her tax form done so she can relax again; Sanni becoming a super-fit super mum; The Frolicsome Kid revealing all about his love life ( ;-) ); Mimi's writing wonderful, moving Peaceglobe posts, whilst whispering sweet nothings about pink socks with her Bud; Red Dirt Kitty and Mystic Rose are back from the haituses (or should that be haitusii ?) and are writing fantastic poetry again [ even though, I have to admit, Mystic's haitus was probably the shortest ever of less than 2 days! :-D ]; Steve's fessing-up about his passion and I could carry on all night, revelling in the lovely feeling I'm getting off everybody... and I admit I stole the good-feeling idea from TC, because I liked the way she expressed it and it made me feel good too...

(huh?)


....but (ha ha ha ha ha! mad laughter as I grab out my kiddie poems and pick a dastardly one from near the bottom of the pile and totally blow the good feeling away!!!) here comes a rhyme not to read if you haven't got a tough stomach ... I seem to remember being in a rather spitting (as in 'spitting fire') mood at the time... and perhaps it shows just a little :-) In fact, I'd recommend not reading it at all (it really isn't very good... and in fact just shows up my spewing mind at the time!!) I'm putting it here only for the reasons of completion...

But, if you insist on continuing (be it on your own head - you have been warned!)... this one isn't quite the last of the Monsters 4 Bed rhymes, but nearly... and it links up with Justin the Giant... if you re-read that one, you'll see why!!

I've started on rebuilding my half-finished poetry collection - of course it's only half finished... that's the way they're supposed to be (isn't it?) ! - so I'll put a nicer one up soon :-D





[Voodoo's Verdict removed for publishing Aug 2017
Now found on Amazon in Monsters (not) For Bed ]

© Annelisa Christensen 9:27 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

24 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 4:11 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

If it weren't for the disgusting food served at that restaurant, I'd love to go there! Can you imagine a waiter rhyming like that when he recommends you a few dishes? I think that would be great! =D

Poor fella'! He met such a sad end! *chuckle*

Great poem! I love it! =D

And what am I doing in your post? =P No, I'm not revealing my love life; nothing to see people! =P LOLL!! =P

The second picture got me huh-ing too! What on earth is that strange cloud doing there? It looks like some kind of a dragon tattoo there! ;)

Love the streak of cloud that runs across the sky! What do you call that?

 
At January 30, 2007 8:01 am, Blogger TopChamp said...

Nice rhyming of frivolous with Vesuvius.

I was eating my cereal when I read this... that was a mistake x

 
At January 30, 2007 8:23 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

I wish I could answer all your many comments within yours, FK!! This is going to sound really disjointed! :-)

Yes, what a sad demise for the poor waiter, who was trying so hard as well! Wouldn't it be fun if waiters had to give the order in rhyme!! That conjures up amusing imagery first thing in the morning! :-D

Really? You're not going to reveal any more of your love life than you have done already? Darn! Mind you, your 'first loves' was good...

I thought the cloud looked like a question mark on it's side (but, if you turn your head, it's the right way... :-) )

Ehm... a streak of cloud?

:-)

 
At January 30, 2007 8:37 am, Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

mmmm....I am loving all the good feeling all around, too! Will it last?

PS That poem is fantastic. Now we need to move on to the perfect illustrations to accompany it! You know, the witches head...

 
At January 30, 2007 2:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Annelisa. I did go to MOI and listen to her song. Both the song and your video are great. :)

Still on hiatus until next week some time, the drugs are working, but very tired and the cold weather hurts. :(

Thanks for your comment the other day.

 
At January 30, 2007 3:49 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hey, where did my comment to Topchamp go!?!

What I said was... I did warn you, TC!! :-) Hope you managed to finish your breakfast!

Maryam... well, hopefully (with all our fingers crossed) it will last a bit longer for you!!

You actually like this rhyme??! Ok, I now think you're nuts, and will have to withdraw my vote...can't have mad women running around loose in the blogosphere, now, can we!

Know where I can find a witch's head?

Hi Brian - you're still not feeling well? Poor thing. I really hope the meds kick it soon!

And thanks for your nice comments about the vid... enjoyed making it!

 
At January 30, 2007 6:09 pm, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

What an awesome video. My sound is not working. I can't wait to hear this. The pictures (as usual) are stunning.
And yes, the missing pink socks saga is an ongoing part of our story. My Bud.
Oh my gosh. I love this video! I want to put it on my site.

 
At January 30, 2007 9:50 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Darn it, I don't believe it... yet another comment eaten! :-(

Qhanks Mimi - trust me - the video's only half as good without MOI's song... try and listen to it from a pc with working sound if you can!
If you're serious about wanting to put the vid on your site, you can click on the video itself, and it'll take you back to YouTube where you can get the 'embed' code (you can also watch it on a bigger screen :-)) For the sidebar, I altered the width and height of the code, and it didn't seem to alter the quality (film quality wasn't good anyhow, seeing as I only had my little digital camera, which isn't exactly professional quality! :-) )

Pink socks, eh? s'got me a wonderin.... ;-)

 
At January 30, 2007 9:53 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

The song and video are simply wonderful - I love the poem =)

xoxoxo,

San - super fit in spe

 
At January 31, 2007 12:35 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks Sanni - glad you enjoyed the song & vid! That you loved the poem leaves one questioning your sanity... but we'll have a look at that another day! :-D

Keep up the excercising for comments - that seems to be working!

 
At January 31, 2007 3:58 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Kids would so love these at Hallowe'en especially! If I think about it too much I am bound to hurl my dinner like Mt. Vesuvius!

I love the clouds and sky, Sky-Girl...especially the one with the white question mark in it!

 
At January 31, 2007 8:09 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

You're right.. maybe the icky Monster Rhymes do have a place in the world.... but try not to mess the carpet, dear...I've only just cleaned it! (and I only do that once a year - whether it needs it or not!)

? is probably my favourite for a while too! I do so like picture clouds!

 
At January 31, 2007 2:50 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

My view of clouds is clouded now when I see them I think of you.
Another ace on the poem...

 
At January 31, 2007 4:34 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-D Does that mean you think of me often, Steve? or is it all a little hazy...
Don't be so overcast, just take your head out of the clouds... things will soon be sunny and bright, and you'll be back on cloud 9 in no time!!

Re the poem.... not you as well! How many mad people in the world are there?!

 
At January 31, 2007 6:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girlfriend.......just lifting my head from the bed where the hounds have all pinned me......stuck again under those furry blankets........switching off the lamp........love the pix.......wish it would stop raining........i'm tired of the gray........kitty needs to sleep now......will be back...

lv rdkitty

 
At January 31, 2007 9:10 pm, Blogger Giuliano88 said...

Lovely poem, your blog is always one of the most pleasant to visit.
hi, julian

 
At January 31, 2007 10:15 pm, Blogger ann said...

gross... as my kids used to say... don't know what today's word would be...

I'm sure since my sons were rather partial to Fungus the Bogeyman, this would have gone down (or up) rather well...

you have a pretty wonderful blog here too

 
At January 31, 2007 11:03 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Pouvre Red Dirt Kitty! I'll put on some pretty non-grey pictures to cheer you up... give us a min, and I'll dig them out...

 
At January 31, 2007 11:09 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Ha ha, Julian - I think you must be being ironic (about the poem, I mean)! :-)

And thanks - I must admit, I find I like the way such a lot of lovely people come here and visit... warms me up at the end of a dreary day! :-) So, thanks for visiting, and saying 'hi'!

 
At January 31, 2007 11:15 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-D Ann - exactly the word I would have used! Maybe along the lines of Bogey the Fungusman.... but I'd say a bit more disgusting!

But don't talk of going down... Blogger might hear and take it's cue!

Thanks for the compliment about the blog... that's real sweet of you!

 
At February 12, 2007 10:34 pm, Blogger Mystic Rose said...

huh? how did i miss that one?!

and i AM making up for that short hiatus now..:P. serious games are afoot.

 
At February 13, 2007 1:18 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

You're back again, Mystic?

What's going on now, huh?

Same kinda stuff??

Hope everything's ok...

 
At February 13, 2007 1:57 am, Blogger Mystic Rose said...

same old, but worse.

 
At February 13, 2007 3:56 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Sorry to hear that... that's a shame... I hope it sorts out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home