Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

13 April 2007

Is this what you want?

.
.

  • What is it that we all want, but know we can't have?

  • What do we crave in the middle of a day overflowing with calls that need attention, things that need doing, places that have to be reached, targets that require completion?

  • What do we all wish for, but absolutely know is unlikely in our lifetime?

  • What do we hope and pray will be a possibility in our children's lifetime?

  • What do we want for ourselves; for our children; for the world?

  • What do we have to do to get this elusive thing?

  • Is it possible to get it?

  • Who's trying?

  • Well...We are!




So, what is it, this elusive thing I talk about?

If we, in our own lives, have five minutes of it, we consider it a blessing, and yet we wish it for the whole world, for all time!

This thing we all want is Peace







(Bare with me, if you've heard me talking of this before,
but we want as many people as possible to join in)


Last month, in the middle of March, when I was saying, "Err, what was that? What did you say?" every time anyone spoke to me (novel writing :-S ), Mimi Lennox started her new Blogblast for Peace campaign. She sent me an email looking for support.

Since the very glimmer of the idea back in October, I've loved the notion! I thought it was, and still think it is, a wonderful idea, of everyone uniting to say that bloggers, at least, want peace in the world.

What is the idea Mimi had that captured my imagination? Well, it's that, on the day, as many bloggers as possible do a post titled

Dona Nobis Pacem

which means 'Grant us Peace', and (if possible) they head the post with a picture of their very own Peaceglobe.

The hope is that, if someone were to do a search for Dona Nobis Pacem posts, there would be lists and lists of them... all the voices of the blogosphere linking together to give one loud shout! And, if they weren't actively seeking this particular title, they would come cross it over and over again, and might just wonder what it's all about....

What a lovely idea...

...the feeling of being part of this harmonious song

...this dawn chorus

...calling for peace.





So far, there has been One official Bloggers' Peace day (the launch: 7th November 2006) and a special follow-up on a very significant day of the year for many (24th December 2006)

Dona Nobis Pacem Day
Peaceglobe Day
Bloggers' Peace Day
Blogblast for Peace Day

are some of the names names I've seen it called. There have been more, but they all refer to the same movement.





Even at the launch, there were a surprising number of participants - more than expected. Mimi hopped around from post to post, reading each one and taking it back to her blog. Blogging folks sent in their globe creations to Mimi, and she gathered them altogether, and handed the task of making a gallery of them to Canadian, Frank Sirriani. These can be seen throughout her blog Mimi Writes, as well as throughout the blogosphere. I nicked the one at the end of this post, in my Heroines and Heroes blog, from Sanni of Coffee to go, another blogger who's been involved since early days.





Already, since Mimi made the announcement in March, many other bloggers (including some visitors to Words that Flow, I see :-) ) have joined the movement, which is fantastic. Well done, all those who've picked up a globe lately - it brings us all one step closer to that dream!!





So, you've had 53 days warning... time to get together a post (you can even do it in advance nowadays) and have fun creating a globe that you want to display. You can also do as I've done, and put them up in your sidebar all year round, to link to Mimi's Peaceglobe blog, so others can join in... and maybe you can start a wave of your own!! :-D

So, if you're interested...

... you find the original globe you can adapt here.

For the 7th November, there was one choice. Now you can choose from four different designs!! Once downloaded onto your computer, play with it, add a picture, a signature or some writing, and then post it in time for 6th June!

(if you have difficulties, contact me on my blog how to link and other stuff, and I'll see if I can help)





I believe that:
"Many little things
done by many little people
will change the face of the world."
(picture on my wall from Oxfam)


Hey, it's worth a try!!

Isn't it?

All this reminds me - I need to get started on mine soon!! :-)

(oh yes, the pictures were all from the reservoir night before last, I said I'd put up... I thought they were ideal for a Peace post ! :-) )
.
.

© Annelisa Christensen 12:25 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

18 Comments:

At April 14, 2007 11:51 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Wow! I just went to your Deviant Art Shop...it is really neat. Man, you're so with it! I don't even really understand what it's for..to get people to order your photos on mousepads etc.? At first I thought it was going to be a place where you posted your own art!

Anyway, thanks for comment about my mom. I'll keep you posted on that.

I'll go to your How to..sight and see if I can figure out the Globe. I knew it was Peace you were talking about even before the 1st pic!

 
At April 15, 2007 2:12 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Oh yeah, I received that e-mail from Mimi as well and I thought it was awesome to have another big peace campaign. I have a feeling that this Dona Pacem Nobis will come back with a big bang, backed up with more people crying for peace. =D I definitely will take part in it, besides, that day itself is also a special day for me too. =)

 
At April 15, 2007 10:24 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Great post Annelisa. My Peace Globe is up and I have made a note on the calendar to do the Peace Post on 6th June.

As always your pictures are just fantastic!

 
At April 15, 2007 12:36 pm, Blogger Katie McKenna said...

Lovely pictures and thoughts!

 
At April 15, 2007 12:39 pm, Blogger ann said...

Amen to Peace

I tried to upload it last time, with no success, so will certainly give it a go again

Your photographs are stunning

lotsa luv ann xxxx

 
At April 15, 2007 3:12 pm, Blogger Dana Barnett said...

Annelisa,What a beautiful notion,I will certainly give it a try....[ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE]!!!!!!



Later,Dana.

 
At April 15, 2007 3:18 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Annelisa, Peace
And the minute we've got it
we go out looking for things to trouble our mind
The thrill of speed
The risk of falling off
The unexpected and the unknown.

Ok, ok if you are rushed off your feet like a blue axxxd fly, then I guess you can't beat peace and quiet with your feet up
"A horlicks moment"

I know, I know Peace in the bigger picture, starts with 'inner' peace!

 
At April 15, 2007 11:04 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

I have been writing about war, hoping for a little inspiration to say something about Peace. Just because there will always be Wars, doesnt mean there will never be Peace does it? I think we can get there.

 
At April 15, 2007 11:05 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

You may say I'm a Dreamer...

 
At April 16, 2007 12:27 am, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

What do you think, Annelisa, this could be a great carnival theme?

Have you found a Kilroy-gram in your email of late?

 
At April 16, 2007 5:25 am, Blogger twilite said...

Hi Annelisa! Stunning sunsets...like the pics with the ducks n its reflections; also de angler.

Just couldn't put anything on my sidebar!

Dona nobis pacem.

 
At April 16, 2007 1:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annelisa - As you know, your photographs moved me greatly during the first BlogBlast and were an integral part of Dona Nobis Pacem (I can't wait to get the print we talked about for my wall).....

Someone said to me recently - "The Peace Globe movement has a life of its own." It is so true.
Everytime another blogger begins to think about and meditate on and bring a little peace to themeselves - through their poetry, pictures and writing - we all benefit and feel the extension of that thought. At least that's what I believe.

I am more excited than EVER about June. Thank you so much for promoting and promoting and writing such beautiful words.

And for being my friend.

Mimi

 
At April 16, 2007 1:53 pm, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

These new pictures are stunning.

I might as well think about a collage for the wall now!

 
At April 16, 2007 2:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi AE girlfriend,

I love how even in the midst of the fray, you take on themes that really matter.....!!

But actually I am here because sadly (tears, sobs, hiccups :( ...you missed the party of the blogosphere!!

RDKitty's 43rd!!!! stop by and see all the party stuff: hot air balloons, parades, elephants and acrobats..poetry and song....and even a birthday cake.....

but girlfriend, truly I missed my best sister friend not being there...so stop on over...it's not too late...let's have a cup of tea and celebrate (afterall who said birthdays only have to last one day???)

xxx
rdkitty

 
At April 16, 2007 3:12 pm, Blogger TopChamp said...

Hello - I have my post there in draft form ready to go... haven't done the globe yet. Sitting in the house winding my neighbours up listening to Copacabana cd really loudly instead... It's quite awful music but brill to play.

lovely photos as ever! And you're right they're perfect for the post. Amazing colour. We were in the cairngorms this weekend and my damned camera ran out of batteries. The stars were SO BRIGHT because we were so far from any town.

 
At April 16, 2007 4:12 pm, Blogger Queenie said...

Will have a go, wish me luck!!

 
At April 17, 2007 2:32 am, Blogger Diane Dehler said...

Annelisa,
I found you via RDG and am amazed at the beauty on your exquisite blog. I love twilight because it is the time when the veil between worlds lifts and then we can dream anything. In these magenta moments even peace seems possibile. Thank you for reminding me of this.

 
At May 14, 2007 5:43 am, Blogger Diane Dehler said...

I came back to view the pink water again; reminded me of driving over the Carquinez bridge at dawn and the water spilling into pink froth and pale reflections of a new day's promise. Ethereal.. searching I am.. always for truth and beauty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home