Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

16 May 2009

Life, the universe and everything...

Today I officially start my third Open University course, and it looks fascinating. I knew that atoms were made from protons, neutrons and electrons, but wow! even just flicking through the course book, I hadn't realised how many particles atoms really contain!!! They have such strange group as Hadrons (larger particles like protons and neutrons and their anti-particles) and Leptons (such as electrons, positrons (anti-electrons), muon and taus (also with their anti- equivalents), which are divided into Baryons, Antibaryons and Mesons. The sub-particles of which have brilliant names such as Ups, Downs, Charms, Stranges, Tops and Bottoms!!! Leave a physicist in charge and that's what you get :-D


Anyway, that's how the course starts, but it goes on to explore the universe from the beginning of time and into the future, multiple dimensions, strings and all kinds of other weird stuff...



This is going to be one heck of a course!!!

© Annelisa Christensen 7:35 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

5 Comments:

At May 16, 2009 2:55 pm, Blogger Akelamalu said...

You lost me after the first atom! LOL

 
At May 16, 2009 7:16 pm, Blogger Waterbaby said...

Wow, that sounds to interesting, I would love to take that course in the future!

 
At May 16, 2009 8:57 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hiya Hiya Akemalu and Water BabyI think this course is going to be much more challenging than the two I've taken previously...lots of stuff I've heard of but don't know much about!! :-) Reckon its going to keep me nicely occupied for a while...maybe longer...
Studying astronomy is certainly becoming quite a passion for me! I'd highly recommend it.

 
At May 18, 2009 3:20 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

dID YOU KNOW THERE ARE MORE MOLECULES IN A CUP OF WATER THAN THERE ARE CUPS OF WATER IN THE SEA?
(ooops)
Didja?!?!?

 
At May 18, 2009 10:58 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-) If you say so, cowboy...I reckon I'd have to believe you!

Did you count them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home