Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

21 October 2006

(N) Nimble Nictious


This one I rejected out of my original version of 'A - Z Monsters 4 Bed' book! (hmmm, I think I might be 'buying time' before putting anything new on here - I'm finding it difficult to get it right) Nimble Nictious was a bit of a cheat title, simply because I needed an 'N'! I like the one I decided on better (I'll write that one up later), but - so this one isn't lost forever (maybe I should let it be!)- I'll use it as a 'filler'! :-) It was, like all the 'Monsters 4 Bed' rhymes, written for a younger audience. And if you think some of the words might be a bit 'advanced' for a younger audience, I have my belief that you shouldn't 'dumb-down' everything for the little people - I think kids that have experienced adult writing (even if they don't understand it) will be more likely to have, and use, richer language later, when the words will be more embedded in their sub-conscious...

[Poem Nimble Nictious removed for publishing Aug 2017
other rhymes from this collection now on Amazon A-Z Monsters (not) For Bed]



© Annelisa Christensen 9:44 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

3 Comments:

At October 22, 2006 5:31 am, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

As much as I liked your poem, I was struck by the intro. It brought a smile.

 
At November 15, 2006 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh, youa re talented..I woish I had an ounce of that! do you have a book of these rhymes, annelisa?
did you publish them?

 
At November 16, 2006 1:18 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Ah Mystic - you are so good for my soul... you are feeding candy to my muse :-)

No, I never got them published... I wrote the kiddie ones when I was going through an emotional time, and after a couple of rejections, couldn't face more...

So, I stuffed them in a bag, and hid them away... and now they're coming out :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home