Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

12 December 2006

My Christmas tree...is up!

Kids finished dressing the Christmas tree last night:





with lights out:





Just in case you were wondering, it isn't decorations behind (haven't got that far!) it's a painting on the wall!







Had to take the car in for MOT this morning. Believe it or not, this is the view from the garage! :-)




And this was the view I had as I got in my car before dropping it off:














It seems that I've only time to put these pics up... I'm being kicked off again! Maybe I can stay awake long enough to come and post a rhyme later (I hope so - there's getting an imbalance of pictures to words! :-) ) And I hope to have time to come visiting people soon (I soooo wish they'd hurry up and fix my son's laptop!!!) Catch you soon!

© Annelisa Christensen 6:40 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

8 Comments:

At December 12, 2006 7:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

really beautiful pics! and i love your decorations, ciao

 
At December 12, 2006 9:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! amazing!! ahh..to live in a place like that!
the tree looks great. did u stencil the wall with ivy leaves?

 
At December 12, 2006 9:49 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Awesome!
Annelisa the camera must have been a gift from the gods to you - I don't even have a camera so I have to keep borrowing other people's photos & pics. Love your ones!

 
At December 12, 2006 10:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just amazing pictures. What's a MOT? It sounds like one of those tropical diseases.

Yes, please fix laptop. We all miss you. :)

 
At December 13, 2006 2:22 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Beauty tree! I haven't even got one yet! I just do white lights, with burgandy, gold and ivory bows and ornaments.
I love lights! Indoors and outdoors!

 
At December 13, 2006 5:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good after noon as alway's love the pic's you have a great vewe every where over there I would love to come there some day ,and see all the beatyfull seenory there I am already hook now .

 
At December 13, 2006 5:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah I forgot to put my name it was I that just left that comment

Hope

 
At December 13, 2006 8:05 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks giuliano88! I always love to come and see what pics you put up too!

Hi Mystic - the ivy is sponge-painted... I would do it everywhere, if it didn't look just a little much. Mind you, I've just taken the hops down from round the edge of the ceiling, and it's looking a bit empty...

Quasar9 - the camera did actually come to me in a strange way (I didn't buy it for myself deliberately!), but I haven't time for that story now... so another time...

MOI - I always leave the tree to the kids, once I've put the three (!) sets of lights on it... they have such fun doing it, and what the heck if it isn't 'perfect' :-D

Anonymous Hope - of course I knew it was you, as soon as I read the first comment! If you come over, do it in the summer - some winters (like this one) it's just raining every other day... not good to see scenery! :-) [Though possibly great for rainbows... :-)]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home