Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

09 December 2006

Twisted Tree

Well, I've had a busy old day, trying to clear a place to put the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, there's nowhere to put all the stuff I want to move, so I've been playing musical chairs with the furniture... and ended up back almost where it started!!

And, I still haven't got the tree up... so, I can't stop, however much I want to, and blog my evening away. In fact, I don't even dare peak at the comments, because I know for sure it will mean hours of following people back to their places and getting caught in all the interesting things other people are doing.

So, I'm just going to paste a few pictures of a tree up. Not a Christmas tree ('cos I haven't got it up yet :-D ) but a tree I spotted in the park near my sister last weekend. The pictures were taken at dusk, and it was almost completely dark when I took some of them (hence the blur), but I played with the pictures a bit and came up with a 'study' of the tree...

See you after the weekend - hope everyone's having a good one!!






















© Annelisa Christensen 9:15 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

11 Comments:

At December 09, 2006 9:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pic's are very cool I find thing's like this very fasotaning and beatyful.

Hope

 
At December 10, 2006 12:36 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hey there Hope- I couldn't keep away! :-(

Glad you like them. The tree was a lovely shape, shame it was so dark (on the other hand, I got to play with the pictures and make 'em interesting!)

 
At December 10, 2006 4:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone's been having fun..:)
its interesting.

 
At December 10, 2006 10:40 am, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Awesome! Great artwork!
Love the grainy look
if I had to choose one
the one above I like the most
or the one on the right of left
at the very bottom of the post

 
At December 10, 2006 11:21 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hey Quasar - how come you're not out enjoying the lovely day! :-) [and before you say it, I've been out all morning, and have just popped back in for lunch :-) ]

I think that one's my favourite too... kind of a weird light on it...

 
At December 10, 2006 11:25 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Oh, and if you think 'it's a bit early for lunch, isn't it?' that's the time I usually have lunch at work - at break- 'cos otherwise I don't get any! :-D

 
At December 10, 2006 12:22 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Oops, in my hurry, I didn't see you Mystic and RD-Kitty!

I've only recently discovered 'gimp' (or rather my son's recently enlightened me to its existence) - great fun!

Kitty - must be strange to have that enveloping feeling over you so long in the winter - Have you got yourself one of those 'natural light' lamps, to try and counteract the darkness? You know the ones? They help with SAD, I believe.

It's the same with me, when I get monthly lows, that I have to remind myself it's not because everything in my life's suddenly gone wrong, but because those little buggers of hormones are working overtime! Doesn't take the feeling away, but it helps put things in perspective, doesn't it? Well, a tiny bit.

I haven't done the tree or shopping yet!!! I keep making a play at it, and getting distracted by something else :-D
I'll get there in the end... I hope!

You're going 'home' for Christmas? I shall miss you, but as you say, it may do you the world of good! You take care then, Red Dirt Kitty! Have a lovely, brilliant, wonderful time with your folks!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At December 11, 2006 12:32 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Cool and gnarly! I read the 1st line and saw the pic and said, hold it,don't they do the same trees as we do? We get a Balsam Fir tonight,other people get Scotch Pine. Which do you have?

(Red Dirt G: Don't know if you saw my comment over at Steve's to you, but I do empathize with you on your BP syssssssndrome. I have a very close friend who has it and Christmas is sometimes hard for him, He's not on meds. He has been well for almost 2 years now, so you know you're going to come through it! Thinking of you with hope and happiness for the season.)

 
At December 12, 2006 5:35 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hiya MOI - I think we probably do 'do' the same trees :-D The tree I put up in the living room (see post for Tuesday 12th...)is actually a fake one. Don't get me wrong - I love a real tree, but hate the thought that it is grown purely for a couple of weeks of our pleasure in the front room, only to die and be shredded. I love wood, and this seems such a waste to me :-)

I join with MOI and hope you, RDG, will soon feel good about life again!

 
At December 12, 2006 8:00 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamadryad
I reckon that to be a Poem here....

 
At December 13, 2006 7:12 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Nice one Steve! I think you're right... this could be definate inspiration!

An extract of the entry:

Hamadryads are Greek mythological beings that live in trees. They are a specific species of dryad, which are a particular type of nymph. Hamadryads are born bonded to a specific tree. If their tree died, the hamadryad associated with it died as well. For that reason, dryads and the gods punished any mortals who harmed trees.

The Deipnosophistae of Athenaeus lists eight Hamadryads, the daughters of Oxylos and Hamadryas (mythology):

* Karya (Nut tree)
* Balanos (Acorn tree)
* Kraneia (Cornel tree)
* Morea (Mulberry tree)
* Aigeiros (Black Poplar tree)
* Ptelea (Elm tree)


Seeing as I can't get on the computer much these days, I might just spend a little time writing one to go with this! Thanks Steve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home