Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

19 February 2007

(N) Nautical Nightmare


A day of work...

My voice has very nearly gone... Won't they be surprised at work tomorrow when I come in and don't say anything! :-)

And, even better, for the kids... no nagging to tidy up! [Ha, as if...! :-D ]

The inverted-colour pictures are for R - she's been asking me to put some up for ages! I'll put coloured versions up sometime soon... but these are because she loves the way they look when they're all inside-out! :-)

So, onto nearly the last of my Monsters 4 Bed kiddie rhymes - another story rhyme, written on a stormy afternoon, many years ago:








[poem Nautical Nightmare moved for publishing Aug 2017
other rhymes from this collection now on Amazon A-Z Monsters (not) For Bed]


© Annelisa Christensen 11:34 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

12 Comments:

At February 20, 2007 1:48 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Aye, aye the handsome capitain, did ya say? Well, I be lovin' him some for fearlessly ridding us of one of your monsters, don't ya see!!

I love these pics...neat effect...bit scary..lonely.. but of course, it completely eludes me how you'd ever do them like this!

 
At February 20, 2007 2:48 am, Blogger Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Ah, you did need inside out pictures for this "battle"...

Hmmmm, there isa lwyas a winer and a loser in a a fight - donno why I though of this but, one never clearly knows which one...is which!

Big hug

 
At February 20, 2007 2:55 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Aha, me hearty! Yo ho ho and a bottle o' rum fer ya, fer sayin' 'ow much yer be lovin' that capen, me ol' pal, Ma o'the learnin'!

Just imported (using 'pasted from') into 'Paint' and pushed the button 'invert colours' - really, no trick! :-D

 
At February 20, 2007 2:58 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

My lovely R was delighted to see the inside out pics here this morning, so it was well worth doing!

Don'tcha just love a good battle between good 'n' evil, Angel o' the dust? har harrrr!

 
At February 20, 2007 8:21 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Annelisa
Magical story teller you are
told from right across the bar
tales from near tales from afar
opening dimensions wide & ajar

Love what you are doing with the photos too

 
At February 20, 2007 11:26 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Well 'ello me fren' Quasar!
These tales will get a har harrr
From all ye sailors in the bar
But yore tales of distant stars
are, by far, more bizarre!


har harr, me hearty!

 
At February 21, 2007 12:24 am, Blogger Katie McKenna said...

Great story Annelisa! Cool images as well. I do like them!

 
At February 21, 2007 12:25 am, Blogger Katie McKenna said...

p.s. I hope you get to feeling better!

 
At February 21, 2007 12:48 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

It's funny though, Katie, how the images are so cold, when in reality they were so warm... that inverting is an interesting thing... I shall have to try it with snow... I guess it's really making like a film 'negative' of it.

And thanks... I'm still hacking away, and my nose is flowing as fast as these words, but I don't feel quite so bad (though I think that's as much to do with the big dose of medicine I had, than anything else! :-D)

 
At February 22, 2007 12:36 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

However did you learn that or even think of trying it? I'd never discover that in a million years!

 
At February 22, 2007 8:26 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

You'll have to learn to play more then, MOI... that's how I come across these things... "What's this?... What's that?... I wonder what that does..."

Just open up 'paint' and play... it's fun! The side benefit is that you can learn some cool things :-D

 
At April 01, 2007 7:57 pm, Blogger M. Shahin said...

Some spooky imagery, but I love these inversions. It's always great to experiment. I'll have to try this out in a editing program. Fantastic image and a great rhyme poem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home