Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

09 June 2007

Post Peace





So, this Dona Nobis Pacem has past, and I've spent the last four days being ill... stuck in the house, with nothing much to do (ha ha!) except have a look at all the posts. [Was that fate, I wonder? If I hadn't been ill, I would have been at work, and wouldn't have finished going through that phenomenal Mr Linky chain!!]









It's really been amazing! Even though I've felt like death warmed up, I've so enjoyed reading and looking at the three hundred plus posts I've visited. Many have been Wordless Wednesday, but that hasn't made them any less beautiful... the sentiments are there for all to see, in the growing solidarity of their globe. Many are now putting a globe in the sidebar, even when they have difficulty. Their struggle makes it even more worthwhile - it is what we are saying...

Making peace has to start somewhere - it has to start with me / you







And each time a visitor to any one of those blogs sees the globes, there's just a chance they might wonder what it's all about and maybe they might join in for the next peace day. In that way, hopefully the chain reaction will zip through the blogosphere. Already, this time, there are double the number of participating blogs to last time! Next time, maybe there'll be double that...







Anyway, I just wanted to say to all my friends here - Thank You for being part of this with me. I know each and every one of you has your own reasons, but it's really touching that I saw so many of my friends/ visitors on the path I took round over the last few days. I haven't finished yet. I hope to help Mimi find those ones that are hiding out, but it's been one heck of a start!





These photos I took a few nights ago (when I was well enough to get off my butt and show some enthusiasm for moving) from that field of rape I showed before... in pictures and in a video. It was a lovely sunset.... so subtle colour changes. It was a delight (as you can see :-) )

© Annelisa Christensen 11:07 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

13 Comments:

At June 10, 2007 9:02 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh my lovely Annelisa I didn't know you'd been poorly, I just thought you were having PC problems again. Here have a great big ((hug)).
The Peace Globes were a huge success and so beautiful to see on blog after blog after blog. It really was amazing! And didn't it bring people together?
Those photographs are stunning, as always.
you take care now, hopefully you're over the worse. I'll include you in my Reiki list. xx

 
At June 10, 2007 10:15 am, Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blogs. You did leave a message on both globes, no.. your message did not dissapear into the void. I have the globe on 2 of my blogs. This is a wonderful idea, the peace globes.
I'll have to put it in my sidebar as well, didn't think of doing that.
Your sunset pics are beautiful, I love looking at the sky, the way it's ever changing.
And hope you feel better soon!

 
At June 10, 2007 1:45 pm, Blogger Queenie said...

Hope your feeling a bit better, I wondered where you were. I agree with you about the peace globes, it brought so many people together. I think the next one will be huge.
Now suggle up to your hot water bottle and if you feel up to it a glass of wine (drink the wine don't suggle up to it or you may spill it) ((((HUGS))))

 
At June 10, 2007 6:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots! My favorite theme: sunsets!

It is in this world where we feel sunset in seemingly endless confusions of war and injustice, we find hope in another sunrise for a brighter tomorrow! (ross)

p.s.

I love your PEACE FOR CHILDREN IN OUR TIME!

Cheers to life even if you are not feeling so well...best wishes!

 
At June 10, 2007 11:50 pm, Blogger TopChamp said...

GET WELL SOON! V. tired so will have to write more tomorrow x

 
At June 11, 2007 11:30 am, Blogger Queenie said...

annelisa.
just checking your ok, wish there was something I could do!!!!

 
At June 11, 2007 1:13 pm, Blogger Dan said...

Gorgeous photos Annelisa!

 
At June 11, 2007 1:17 pm, Blogger twilite said...

Hi Annelisa! Beautiful colors...of the sunset. Trust you're up and kicking...take care. Hugs.

 
At June 11, 2007 1:21 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

Get well annelisa! You sure did do a good peace day thing!

 
At June 11, 2007 3:12 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

*Woah*! Ops, sorry. Wanted to say: Wonderful. I wish I could have been there with you.

Get well soon, sweetie. Maybe you´d like to hop over to Germany celebrating my 33rd birthday having a BBQ, burritos, pizza and beer...? Beer is a quite good medicine... sometimes ;)

 
At June 12, 2007 1:07 am, Blogger exskindiver said...

hi annelisa,
what a peaceful song playing in the background.
thank you for visiting my peace globe
(I was #169 on Mr. Linky) yes, that was an amazing linky.
hope you are feeling better.
sometimes it takes feeling under the weather to catch up on life...or visit other blogs ;)
great pictures btw.
Those were pretty raindrops on the pink flowers.
and you are right, the last picture of the shiny water was the best--it had a twinkle on a few pebbles and rendered a great effect.
why did you label it scum?
I wondered.
okay,
Be Well.
~Chesca the exskindiver

 
At June 16, 2007 6:16 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

I'm very sure that Dona Nobis Pacem movement has piqued many people's interest. ;) And please get well soon! =)

 
At June 18, 2007 1:57 am, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

Annelisa - Your blogging is always so beautiful. Thank you, my friend from across the pond, for being my right arm during BlogBlast. And we're still finding globes.

hugs to you,
Mimi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home