Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

30 April 2007

Yahay!

Having spent the last week or two trying to fix my son's laptop, then taking it into pc world, and being told it was most definately a software problem - that the network card is working perfectly, but just isn't being recognised by the computer; and then having talked with the kids' dad (being in computers 'n' all) and being told it was probably something simple like one of the base level commands had been somehow disabled.... all had come to nought. The darn thing still didn't work.







Then yesterday, said father of kids came over to have a quick look at it. Four hours later, having done everything in his power to find out why the (working) network card wasn't being recognised, he was about beat. I suggested one more go at turning off the router, and as it came back on, the light flashed for the port the laptop was connected to... then went stubbornly off again. But, it was enough. We explored the fact that, just for a moment, the computer had been 'seen' by the router.





Ten minutes later, Kids' Dad had found the problem. Amazingly, though the network card was working (First time in the 20 years K's D has been in computing that it wasn't the software!), but you had to press the network cable down so hard to make it connect, that it just wasn't!!

Having tried jamming something in the port with the cable connection, and not being able to provide the force requiredAdvice - give up on it. So, tonight I'm going to PC World, and being a USB Network card. Hopefully, that will solve the problems, and I should have just the normal fighting over the computer, without the 'I've got revision to do, so I get priority' that we've got at the moment!








These pictures were of a sunset the other day (26th) over a field of Rape flower. It was lovely, and the sweet scent was divine!! My jeans were covered in pollen, so I looked like a speckled hen when I returned :-D







A huge thanks to Kid's Dad - I appreciate your efforts! (I might even be able to return to blogging again!! )

© Annelisa Christensen 6:59 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

13 Comments:

At April 30, 2007 12:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the simple things. Good to hear that the computer has been vanquished at last. :)

 
At April 30, 2007 1:28 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Almost, Brian, almost.... I still have to get the little thingy he needs, and I'm hoping that will sort it (it had better, after all this! :-S )

Lovely to see you again - I'll be over to yours later!

 
At April 30, 2007 4:42 pm, Blogger GEWELS said...

Gorgeous shots.And I love the birdsong in the background- peaceful moment.

I hate computers!! Well, I sometimes hate computers.

 
At April 30, 2007 5:30 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hiya Gewels - yes, the birdsong is kind of nice, isn't it... makes a change from all the music around.

I hate computers, but I hate the computer store even more right now - I just went all the way to PC World, absolutely sure they must have the little gadget I was looking for, and they say they've never stocked it!!! Well, that means I've got roughly 30 seconds before I vacate the computer again :-S

(luckily, I've just ordered the gadget on ebay (phew!), so it'll be blogging back to normal in a day or two! yay!

 
At April 30, 2007 7:09 pm, Blogger Queenie said...

Its all double dutch to me. I have so much respect for people like you who understand the ins and outs of computers. I just have to keep everything crossed, fingers, eyes and legs, that it keeps going.
Yet again superb photos...

 
At May 01, 2007 2:46 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

And we're glad kids' dad helped too! Again, beauty pics. I've been looking every night at sunset but nada...no good ones yet.

 
At May 01, 2007 3:09 am, Blogger twilite said...

Annelisa, I wanted to post the sunset pics when the lightning struck...I manage to make a recovery of the notebook but the material are gone.

Yeh...most pc superstores do not hold stock more than 2 years! Fortunately there is the internet...today. Great. Hear more from you then.

 
At May 01, 2007 9:19 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Sorry I didn't get to you yesterday honey, I was doing the Blog Silence Day.

Oh happy days - your computer's working again. Fingers crossed it stays that way! I love the birdsong and of course the pictures are sooooo beautiful. :)

 
At May 01, 2007 10:10 am, Blogger Giuliano88 said...

wonderful landscapes!, I like a lot the second photo, really compliments!
you make very beautiful shots

 
At May 02, 2007 8:58 pm, Blogger krystyna said...

Hi Annelisa!
Huugs to you!
Great photos - thanks!

 
At May 03, 2007 9:56 am, Blogger TopChamp said...

Hi Annelisa - nice to see you! Took a sunset pic from my journey home the other day to show you but I don't have the cable here to get it on the net.

These fields are terrible for hayfever sufferers (like my wee sis who cries all summer when she's home in the Shire).

 
At May 04, 2007 2:15 pm, Blogger Mystic Rose said...

that yellow!! mmm!

 
At May 05, 2007 8:43 am, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

WOW. Just WOW.
Stunning photos as usual. I do enjoy the nature sounds in the background. You have such a classy sight.

Kudos to father of kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home