Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

21 October 2006

2 years today!!!

I've just realised what day it is - two years ago I quit smoking!!! Yahay!


Never thought I'd get this far... just goes to show you can do anything with perserverence. I used to smoke between 10 and 40ish a day, but promised the powers-that-be that if my friend could survive (when she first found she had cancer) I would definately quit! It took me another year or two to do it - with the guilt niggling at me for not managing to -but I did it finally!

Whenever I tried to quit before, I kept falling for the spiel of the little nicotine imp in my ear telling me, 'Go on - one little puff won't hurt' [it did - every time!] Well, this time I didn't have 'a quick drag' (oh, except one just before a friend's funeral earlier this year, but that was 'exceptional circumstances', and I've been much stricter with myself ever since...), and I chewed the nicotine gum for all it was worth (still keep a batch handy for when I'm kinda 'feeling desperate'! :-) )

So, 2 years! Major achievement! And to celebrate, we're going to have an Indian tonight - YEEeeeEEES!!!!

© Annelisa Christensen 11:08 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

3 Comments:

At October 22, 2006 5:27 am, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Congratulations. Hopefully you'll continue to look back on this as being a day that you made a great decision. Good health and happiness to you.

 
At October 24, 2006 3:53 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Wonderful achievement! Way to go!

 
At October 26, 2006 11:11 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks you both for your encouragement - even after 2 years it's, strangely, a struggle some days. I find myself at the local shop, standing at the counter thinking 'hmmmm, one little puff...' An endless struggle, I fear, but as you say- a great decision and wonderful achievement. I'll stick with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home