Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

21 October 2006

Better the Beginning...


Giant ice-sheet cloud hovering over Hastings
(taken with mobile phone)
Another thunderstorm's brewing, so I'm expecting a bolt of lightening to knock out the pc again! :-S
I think I've sorted out my sidebar problem some were experiencing with the explorer browser(everything in the sidebar was shunted to after the main page) by widening the centre page width (sounds a lot easier than it was for this html luddite! :-) )... still got the title box to sort out though (doesn't quite fit the page now :-( )

[Poem Better the Beginning... removed for publishing Aug 2017]

© Annelisa Christensen 5:55 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

7 Comments:

At October 21, 2006 10:41 pm, Blogger Mark Jakerson said...

Roses are red
Violet are blue
I like your poem
check out my blog!

 
At October 22, 2006 3:21 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Rose colours are various
Violets are violet
Better stop now
So not to annilate...
it!

 
At October 22, 2006 5:26 am, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Not sure where Mark came from, but I'm pleased that following up on his comment led me to you.

Thank you for what you did in the fight against breast cancer. Yes, I looked at your other blog as well. I thought I'd limit my comments here, though.

I enjoy your writing and look forward to read more.

Should you have an opportunity to visit me, I'd be interested in your thoughts.







Kilroy Was Here!

 
At October 22, 2006 10:42 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks for the support - much appreciatated. There are two sayings I like, used by Amnesty International:

"Many little things done by many little people, will change the face of the World"

"If you think you're too small to be effective, you've never been to bed with a mosquito." [Anita Roddick, founder of 'The Body Shop']

And, in the film "A Year of Living Dangerously", Mel Gibson's character is told to give where he can... this film affected me quite deeply when it came out.

 
At October 22, 2006 3:14 pm, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Annelisa, I appreciated you coming to write comments regarding "Things I Found In The Blogosphere". I just wanted to make sure that you saw, that is stuff I found; not anything I created.

Noticed you didnot write any comments on "my" blog, Fear And Loathing - The Gonzo Papers. I do hope you'll come for a look.

I didn't write comments for you in order to have you do the same. In the final stages of my Commentathon experiment, I wouldn't object. I take it as a given the comments are written based on merit of the posting.

I'll look for word from you, let me know if you'd like to do link exchanges with one or both my blogs. Have a great week.

 
At October 27, 2006 11:53 pm, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

I offer you a quote that appears in one of my posts; this has always amused me as it so often applies to my work:
"My train of thought has no caboose." - Sherri Hamilton

I enjoyed this poem. Again, you provided a needed smile.

 
At October 30, 2006 12:04 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

I looked up the word 'caboose', and got the following meanings:

1.a car on a freight train, used chiefly as the crew's quarters and usually attached to the rear of the train.
2.British. a kitchen on the deck of a ship; galley.
3.Slang. the buttocks.

I guess your meaning would be the first, since it would fit nicely with 'train of thought'!

-Like it! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home