Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

24 October 2006

(Q) Quantum Querulous (The Time-Eater)



Thinking of Earth, Space and big things...



Up until now, all pictures and writing has been my own. But I don't live in a vacuum. My son showed me this picture from the Hubble telescope yesterday - ok, it looks like any other space picture here, but follow the link below it, to the original picture in Wikipedia.

Each time you click on the picture there, it magnifies... the galaxies you only see pictures of in books are real, and they are beautiful! Knowing that these pictures have been taken from just outside of our atmosphere puts our little world into perspective.
Yet smaller and petty are our wars, battled out on the very thin crust.
How teeny-tiny our own lives - like the sub-atomic quarks, unseen in the bigger picture, but there nevertheless.

And how strange that the importance of all this is usually inverted, so that all we see is our own immediate, personal little worlds...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field

And thinking of the enormous aspects of our own little globe - I came across this very lovely idea of Mimi Lenox on her site:

Mimi Writes.......: Dona nobis pacem in the Blogosphere

Her idea is for all bloggers, on one day of the year (November 7th 2006) , to write a blog titled "Dona Nobis Pacem" [translated meaning "Grant us Peace"] and to display their own signed globe (see sidebar for mine) to show unity in the world's desire for peace. What a cool idea, that if everyone did this, when you went to search the blogs, every link would say the same "Dona Nobis Pacem" - Each voice joining to others to produce a heartfelt 'shout'!

I personally think it a great idea!

And now, because I'm running short of time today, I found a short, but apt, one of my 'Monsters 4 Bed' rhymes:

[Poem Quantum Querulous removed for publishing Aug 2017
other rhymes from this collection now on Amazon A-Z Monsters (not) For Bed]

© Annelisa Christensen 12:19 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

10 Comments:

At October 25, 2006 2:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Childhood riddles that adults can love as well!! You made me laugh after reading through a series of sad postings elsewhere........I want more riddles and rhymes!! Great job annelise!

-rdg

 
At October 26, 2006 5:24 am, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

Words that flow.....what a beautiful image. Thank you, Annelisa, for including the Peace Globe story in your post today. I am including a link to this and your blog in my post for today (Thursday, Oct. 26). I can't wait to read your poem on November 7, 2006. Thanks for submitting a beautiful globe as well! You are awesome.

 
At October 26, 2006 11:02 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

red-dirt-girl :-) Picked out another silly one for you today!

Mimi, as I said, I love your idea - and hope many will go for it. If everyone did, well... that would be spectacular! Got our work cut out to let everyone know, though!

Thanks for visiting!

 
At October 26, 2006 12:03 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Might he be in the icing part of an Oreo? (If you don't have these cookies over there, they are 2 round chocolate cookies with white icing in the middle and all the ads capitalize on whether you separate them and eat the middle first, like most kids do!)

Good idea for Nov. 7th. Not promising I'll get to it, but am posting a Remembrance Day poem my dad wrote on the 11th.

 
At October 26, 2006 12:25 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-D Like the idea of the Oreo (I have a feeling we might even have the cookie [or 'biscuit', as we call it here :-)] If we haven't, we certainly have something like it! I like to open it up, and scrape all the icing off with my teeth (love the way it curls into the mouth! :-D)

Cheers Brian, for returning the visit!

 
At October 27, 2006 11:44 pm, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

I like the thought of the November 7th event; I have an idea for something other than the sidebar graphic though. Maybe you'll come and have a look.

Love the space shot by the way. What do you think of life out there?

 
At October 29, 2006 11:51 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Will come to see your idea asap!

In space? So much room! So little to do. And what a view! - perfect! :-D

 
At September 14, 2007 9:36 pm, Blogger Gledwood said...

hey thinking of that image:

I have something you might like... just let me gettit out...

 
At September 14, 2007 9:37 pm, Blogger Gledwood said...

it is an url I will have to tell you at the top of your blog as I won't remember this posts address

 
At September 14, 2007 9:40 pm, Blogger Gledwood said...

no! found me way back:

http://gledwoodvid.blogspot.com/2007/09/barbers-adagio-choir-of-trinity-college.html

you probably will like this it's a video and is just like that picture

 

Post a Comment

<< Home