Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

13 January 2007

Hotch-Potch - Poles apart

A hotch-potch of photos today...

When blogger was really playing up, I down-loaded a batch of photos one day, just in case I couldn't download any another time. I wasn't very particular which ones at the time, as there'd been so many problems putting a photo on I simply wanted to get anything in a store.

I do like to have a picture at the top of the post...

It's been all quiet on that troubled (photo-loading) front for a while (oh, why oh why do I always open my big mouth? That's the last thing I should've said - blame me if it all goes horribly wrong now! :-D ) So, I figure I might as well drag them out of storage, seeing as I've been relegated to my son's laptop for the duration (he's studying for an exam this week) and my photos are on the main computer...






The photo above and below are, as you might recognise, from my back window. I like the yellow sunlight in the first one, but the cloud shadowing in the second, so I'm putting them both on today... What a difference the sky makes to a view, huh? Compare them to the ones in Last Call, Frosty Sunrise from my Window and Trust





Oh yes, I've been trying to get Mother of Invention's song from an wma format to mp3, so as to be able to transfer it onto an audio file to put on her blog, but darned if I can get the darned thing to work. The amount of times I've followed the instructions for the Yahoo Music Jukebox, which was the recommended 'easy' method to do this....!!! Trouble is, though it imports the song into the YMJ player as an MP3, when it exports it to the portable I've had to use instead of cd (which is broken), it somehow transforms it back into the wma format! And, I'm still not sure of any other way of transferring it... Any ideas?

Thing is, the song is sooo MOI, and would just be perfect to go on her blog... so, MOI, I am persisting! :-D





Liked the way the cloud hung in the above photo, and the one below is the local reservoir with some fishermen getting ready to go out. You can see, even with the huge amounts of rain lately, the water level is still low - it used to be up to the base of the trees. But it's not as bad as last summer when it was dry and cracked, and virtually empty (as shown in Rainbow Maker )







Lastly, I don't know about you, but I find purple clouds are lovely - mellow. With the tint of red underneath, the clouds below had a kind of purple hue, and I loved the way all those poles (really couldn't say what they were for) sticking up were silhouetted against the skyline...



© Annelisa Christensen 5:22 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

17 Comments:

At January 13, 2007 8:05 pm, Blogger Mystic Rose said...

that hot chocolate looks simply tooooo delicious!!

gosh, annelisa, THIs is your backwindow??!!!!! im moving next door :P
those rolling green hills and meadows. that lake(reservoir) looks simply too inviting..:)

lovely pics!

 
At January 13, 2007 8:44 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

The first two pics are from the back window, Mystic - it's always been a choice between this lovely view or bigger house. (The view out the front's one that's been featured many times in this blog too...) So far, not only I, but the kids as well, have chosen to remain here...

You'll have to come visit one day...there's some nice places round here.

The hot choccie looks good, eh? Must admit, it makes my mouth water every time I see it :-P

 
At January 13, 2007 10:26 pm, Blogger One Of said...

I convert audio files using an audio editing tool called Goldwave, if you google the name you can find a free trial to download. It's pretty easy to simply open the file and re-save it as an MP3, at the bitrate of your choice.

 
At January 13, 2007 10:39 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks One Of I'll maybe give that a try tomorrow!

 
At January 13, 2007 10:59 pm, Blogger TopChamp said...

My first recordings with our group I tried to convert WMA to MP3's and it took me a long long time but I think I did it using a free trial of realplayer.... Please don't quote me on that! It was a while back and I've fought plenty with audio tracks since.

Thanks for your comments - I was in a pretty bad mood but reading helped cheer me up. Quite chirpy now actually as it's nearly bed time and I have a rubbish mag to read and a cuppa.

You are lucky to have such beautiful views... Could do with your magical spin on our usually lovely views during the AWFUL winter we're having here. A friend of mine told me that we have over 260 days of rain in Glasgow. I tried to met office check that but I couldn't find the stats.

P.S. I want to go to the monster's retreat. Sounds great - shaking your funky stuff, guzzling food, dribbling and farting.

 
At January 14, 2007 1:18 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-D Glad you're your usual cheerful self, Topchamp - For a moment there I thought you'd gone insane! (with the noise, and lack of sleep, of course!... no, no, I didn't mean generally - that's a given! :-D )

I shall try out different ways of getting that wma into mp3 tomorrow - the winner gets to take me out to dinner (I'll come up to Glasgow in a flash for one of your meals! :-) Mind you, if it's as grey as you say...)

So, shall we then meet
at the Monsters' Retreat?
where we could eat
the veritable treat
of your upside-down sweet
until we're replete???

See you round your place!

 
At January 14, 2007 8:59 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks so much for trying to do the song! If it makes you feel any better, I just simply can not upload any scanned pictures for my 10 things that define me blog today! Argh!! I don't know if it wants it saved as Jpeg or bitmap or if it even makes a difference since it won't do either. Is it on strike?!!
I did get the post up though.

You are certainly a lady of the skies. It looks like you always have some rain or something happening in your clouds there. Do you get a lot?

Having a lazy Sun., making split pea soup from the Christmas soup while hubby is skiing!!

 
At January 14, 2007 9:38 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Hi MOI - as it happens, I haven't, up til now, managed to spend more than five mins on the pc today, so haven't got any further... yet!

I find that blogger doesn't really like the bitmap pics, so usually import them into paint, and save them as jpeg - makes life a lot easier! Well done for getting the post up though... I haven't done one yet, and there's one I really want to do...

We haven't had a lot of rain for the last couple of years, but it sure has made up for it lately! :-( Not that I mind it... If you mind rain in the UK, then you'd be a grumpy bugger all the time! But, more often than not, it's just lots of cloud.

Hey, that's not fair - having split pea soup today! It's been lovely out today, but there's a chill in the air with the clear skies tonight... just right for split pea... Hubby's skiing? Does that mean you got snow, or he's doing that road-walking thing?

 
At January 14, 2007 9:48 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

oops - just missed the best bit - that you did your meme! I'm over there!

 
At January 15, 2007 11:01 pm, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Wow lots going on.
couldn't log in to blogger the other day (again) but I see you've been busy since

 
At January 16, 2007 3:26 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

He's skiing around and around like a hamster in its wheel, a 750 metre loop of mostly man-made snow..BUT today it snowed all day and now we have 7" so I'm sure he'll be skiing on acrual trails through the woods!

AND we had leftover soup with the bits of Christmas ham in it! It'll last till Wed.!

 
At January 17, 2007 1:05 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Q9 - Always busy... even if it's not always on-screen :-D Yeah, missed you coming round... I found, when I wanted to post MOI's comment the other day, I did it under 'other', just putting in MOI's url, and it let me do that!!


Real snow? Really, MOI?? Oh, you lucky things!

According to our forecasters there's a 'severe weather warning' for Thursday, so I'm guessing (if it's with their usual accuracy :-) ) that we'll have a puff of wind, a drop of rain, and that'll be that. Could really stand to see some snow though...

Jealous about the soup... trying not to think about it...

 
At January 19, 2007 1:04 pm, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Big, fluffy cumulus clouds are for me! =D

You're right, the sky does indeed change how a scenery looks. I wasn't even aware of that myself until you pointed it out! =P

 
At January 19, 2007 11:43 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

So, how many clouds do you get where you are, FK? I'm trying to imagine what weather you have there... What I'm coming up with is mostly sun, sun, sun, and the occassional storm?

Definately, the sky makes the difference. A lot of my pictures are the same view, but different sky scenes... now you know, you'll see...

 
At January 20, 2007 1:47 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Currently, it's rain, rain with sun, sun and with clouds, clouds. We always have clouds everyday, be it a single cirrus cloud up above the sky or the whole sky covered with dark, nimbostratus clouds.

Storms aren't occassional, they're the norm! ;) Especially the wet season now, which will be over soon to be replaced by an unbearably (not really to me) hot weather.

The only thing we lack here is snow. Bah =P.

 
At January 20, 2007 9:35 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Sounds like you're not a stranger to rain then, FK :-) It hardly ever gets unbearably hot here... maybe for a couple of days in the year. I think I could stand a little more...

 
At January 20, 2007 2:52 pm, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Nope. I'm only a stranger to snow. ;) It rains so much here (about 2500mm of rain falls annually). Sometimes, it got so bad, there are floods in some parts of my country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home