Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

24 April 2007

I'm putting together a post ...

...that's

.....taking

..........a

.............lot

.................loooooooooooooonger

.....................................than I thought!!



This one's worth enlarging - it's a wraparound from Hastings beach
(see the tiny little pier on the right!)


It should be up tomorrow (I'm getting kicked off again just now (already!) so my son can get back on to do another schoolwork session... so here's just a few pics for today:




The gate leading into a field of yellow 'Rape' flowers from the forest


Close-up of some fungi


Jazz in the mist


Long shadows of low morning light


Sitting on the gate, you can see the 'Rape' flowers


Another twisty trunk


More long shadows (I especially liked this one! :-) )


Don't you just want to know what's at the end of the tree-tunnel?


See you tomorrow with a very long post!! :-D

© Annelisa Christensen 9:33 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

9 Comments:

At April 24, 2007 11:44 pm, Blogger krystyna said...

Hi Annelisa!
I'm still here and feel very well.
Amazing place. I love forest.
I want to know what's at the end of the tree-tunnel.
Good luck to you!

 
At April 25, 2007 12:06 am, Blogger TopChamp said...

Now as you know i live with a plant man. You may not know that the plant man has a particular penchant for fungus... So I have woken him up to identify your bracket fungi but have only managed to irritate him as in his dozy state he can't remember what it is called. Oops!

See you tomorrow.

 
At April 25, 2007 2:56 am, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Top Champ: Well, he must be a real FUN-GUY! HA!

Neat twisted trunk on that tree. You always find something unique in something so ordinary. I'm still going to get some beauty Canadian Skies for you!

 
At April 25, 2007 4:57 am, Blogger Pod said...

wonderful homesick inducing photos! i worked practised in hassocks of all places before i left old blighty! and believe me, a dawn chorus of parakeets is nowhere near as gently awakewning and pleasant as blackbirds and co!

 
At April 25, 2007 10:43 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Breathtaking!

I love the misty photographs. Did I tell you the sound of twittering birdies goes so well with your photographs - so peaceful.

A looooong post eh, sounds ingtriguing! xx

 
At April 25, 2007 4:34 pm, Blogger Dana Barnett said...

Hey Annelisa,Hi how are you doing,I'm doing better.I missed you and all in blogland!!!I'm doing the match thing on the computer...???Wish me luck,I'll be needing it!!!Anyhow write me back when you can...


Truly,Dana...

 
At April 25, 2007 9:27 pm, Blogger lettuce said...

lovely pics, looks a bit like Ashdown Forest, the light in these is gorgeous.

 
At April 25, 2007 10:10 pm, Blogger RennyBA said...

Glad you took your time to get this through anyway as the slide show and the pics was just breath taking.
I felt almost like home as it was quite like the flora and fauna in Norway!
Yes I want to know what's at the end of that tunnel:-)

 
At April 29, 2007 10:06 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

The twisted tree trunk reminds me of a twisted glass cane called a "Withches Cane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home