Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

01 May 2007

Pollock's!

So, Kilroy from Gonzo Papers, and The Success Coach from For your success - Resources For Life have both challenged me to do a JacksonPollock pic

Well, I discovered this wasn't as easy as it looked. In fact, it wasn't easy at all. It took quite a while just getting used to the way the paint dripped out of the cursor. It took longer to control it (still didn't manage this to the end!! :-D ) and even longer to think what to do with it. I have to admit to liking more control over the colour and the amount of splodge, but as a pure fun thing to do, it was an interesting excercise...


This first one was beginning to look quite colour balanced, until I splodged black... and from that it never recovered:



This next one, I tried to do something more in the line of painting I like to do, and got nowhere near:



...but this attempt, I thought I was getting closer...


All in all, though, I didn't feel this style of painting was 'me'. I enjoyed having a play, and I can see my daughter's going to be hooked, but it felt like just throwing paint on a canvas, and seeing where it ended up... all well and good if that's a style you relish (and maybe I once would have done).

Nevertheless, as an artistic endeavour it was worth playing with. For the people I'm going to nominate to have a go (ha ha ha!) there are a few things to remember:

1. The paint starts dripping from the 'paintbrush' (your cursor) the moment it touches the paper. The way to start afresh is to reload the page.

2. The paint comes in black to begin, and each time you left-click it changes colour - you don't have a choice which colour it goes to, but you can click again and see if you like that colour better. Sometimes the colour doesn't show until you move the cursor a bit.

3. I found I liked to do it 'full screen' - by pressing F11 at the top of the keyboard - just to have more space to play with. Then press F11 again once you've saved.

4. The only way I could see to save was to do the 'Print screen' (Prt Sc somewhere to the right of the main keyboard (usually between the main typing area and the numerical keypad on the right). Then you could paste in a program such as 'Paint', but you'd need to cut the edges off...

I would have challenged Mother of Invention, but feel the last bit might be a bit trying... though I'd be happy to chop off the edges if you like, MOI?

I would also have challenged Red Dirt Girl, but she's taking a vacation at the moment.

Let's see... who could I be mean enough to name? :-D

Ok, this is my five:

  1. Katie from Little Bits of Me, Katie (seeing as she's a bit of an artist)
  2. Angeldust from Angeldust (another artist - and you can post on whichever blog you like!)
  3. That Frolicsome Kid from Soliloguy Exposed (Cos you need a break from your studying, I hope!)
  4. Akelamalu from Everything and Nothing (Since you seem to be up for a challenge)
  5. Sanni from Coffee 2 Go (I'm just curious what you'd come out with)

Now, I could do as my last post, and challenge everyone on my sidebar who hasn't already done it, or anyone who visits and hasn't yet commented, but I think I'll do the 'anyone who wants to do it - can, and anyone who doesn't - doesn't have to' ( I know what it's like to be pushed for time )

Oh yes, and I suppose I should also mention that the originator of this meme was Anthony at The Lives and Times...of Anthony McCune, and he'd quite like you to write a comment when you've done the meme, just saying so... (though that's up to you :-) )

By the way, the laptop's still not fixed, so I'm having to do this at work... oops, just been spotted!!! :-S

© Annelisa Christensen 7:08 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

21 Comments:

At May 01, 2007 2:01 pm, Blogger Queenie said...

Will have a go later(honest). No It looks fun, but untill I've gone a month without the weed, I'm leading as stress free life as I can control.....
Thought yours have a flower like image .........

 
At May 01, 2007 4:27 pm, Blogger Dave Renfro said...

Thanks for the cool link! This one kept my attention for a full twenty minutes which is an eternity to me!

Cheers,
~Dave

 
At May 01, 2007 4:39 pm, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Me up for a challenge? I'll need someone else's brain just to understand the instructions!! Oh well don't say I didn't warn you. :)

 
At May 01, 2007 4:40 pm, Blogger Akelamalu said...

PS I like your second one it looks like daffodils and the third one looks like a lot of balloons.

 
At May 01, 2007 8:16 pm, Blogger Queenie said...

No akelamalu, I'm sure annelisa said they were pollock's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats right isn't it annelisa???

 
At May 01, 2007 9:14 pm, Blogger Anthony said...

Thank you, Annelisa. I appreciate you picking up the game. You're a champ. And yes, if people would be so kind to add their comment it would be great. I've never gotten a game going before so I'm curious how it works out.

 
At May 02, 2007 8:05 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Mine's up. I really enjoyed it!

 
At May 02, 2007 4:25 pm, Blogger Lulu (Dan's cat) said...

I love creating works of art on the bathroom floor (near the litterbox). For some reason, though, Dad isn't a fan of my artwork.

Oh well, he's a human. What can you expect?

MEOWWWW!

 
At May 02, 2007 11:45 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

HA! Surely you jest! I would not have a clue how to even start! Let me just crawl back into the ark where I belong with all the other pre-historic techno-phobics!

 
At May 02, 2007 11:45 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

HA! Surely you jest! I would not have a clue how to even start! Let me just crawl back into the ark where I belong with all the other pre-historic techno-phobics!

 
At May 03, 2007 9:58 am, Blogger TopChamp said...

I tried it too but as it looks a lot like your first one I think I'll not bother posting it!

And that was after several attempts, so your lower two are rather impressive!

 
At May 04, 2007 10:09 pm, Blogger bulletholes said...

I think the first one is quite excellent, especially for a first try...mine actually came out of the monitor and spilled onto the desk.
The decorator in me says that every room, evey outfit, every painting needs some black. I don't know why folks are afraid of it.

 
At May 05, 2007 6:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would just like to claim my bit of fame as a certain kitty in a certain wet suit who was the first to introduce the j.p. link on a former blog....which the gonzo thief light fingered and now is making much ado about along with his alternate um, I mean friend of cleopatra's....

ahem....so the first place this anonymous cat found the jackson pollock link was at author Angela Hunt's blog called A Life in the Pages....you will have to dig a bit in her archives to find it.......back in the fall I believe...

I agree with the decor man - black is always a fine choice in a room....makes color pop I say.....and AE the final effort is delightful.....sort of like flowery kitty cat whiskers.......

meow......

 
At May 05, 2007 10:48 am, Blogger bulletholes said...

Look who is up bright and early!

 
At May 05, 2007 3:33 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks everyone for their comments - I'm glad you could stop by, and hope I've about managed to visit everyone today (I hope so, as I'm fed up with re-starting this freezing computer! I could put a hat on it, I suppose, but I just want to see what everyone's up to (nosy thing I am!! :-) ) )

 
At May 05, 2007 3:37 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Special message for the Surfing Kitty - Yes, i agree too, that black is always welcome in any design. It's lovely that you came visiting (I really appreciate it, especially as you're not 'visible') - and look forward to the day you can visit with a blog behind you again!

I hear what you're saying about the Jackson Pollock site as well, and where it originated from.

 
At May 07, 2007 8:30 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Those drawings done by you are beautiful! It remained beautiful until I saw my name there! =O Only kidding! =P

Oh boy, this is really trying my perfectionism. I try not to be too meticulous when it comes to drawing that. Plus I got no artistic license! This should be interesting, thanks for the tag! =D

I like the back effect on the first picture. Looks great as a border. =D

Hehehe! This is gonna be tough!

 
At May 07, 2007 1:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kisses and hugs......

 
At May 14, 2007 5:48 am, Blogger Diane Dehler said...

These are gorgeous and glad that I found this page.

 
At June 01, 2007 1:58 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Whoops, sorry - I (nearly) missed this one - BUT: I´ll do my very best, of course. Better late than never =)

 
At June 05, 2007 12:19 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Uhm... as promised, I´ve done my very best... weird, but best =)

This was great fun. Thanks a lot for thinking of me!

xoXOxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home