Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

29 August 2007

Time for a cuppa?

So... I reckon a couple of months has done me some good, and I might just be about ready to join the human race again. If I show signs of anti-social behaviour, or I start running round wearing nothing but spaghetti, let me know to tone it down a bit, huh?

Although I've not been blogging, there are a few people who have stopped by regularly, or even frequently. And though I haven't responded, I have appreciated. I want to say a special thanks to Akelamalu, who must be the most amazingly patient person in the world. I also want to give more general thanks to all the rest of my blogging friends for stopping by and checking up on me now and then. Each time I've seen a message, I've smiled and thought of you fondly.





I haven't only been licking open wounds. I've been readjusting...in my own way. After a month of crying and just missing Julia, I went to the doctor. I said that this was wrong and that was wrong, and maybe my thyroid could be checked at the same time. I've has an autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimoto's Disease, I believe it's more commonly called) condition for several years now, and I wanted to rule out the possibility my medication was responsible for my sleep problems and irritable mood. I suspected it might be stress, but wanted to be sure.
Turns out my thyroid levels have (strangely) increased. I was expecting it to have gone the other way as more of my thryroid stopped working! Yay! That's one good thing, and it could also explain some of the symptoms I'd been having since Christmas. And it would also explain the inability to take a close up photo due to shaky hands! They're checking it again in November before reducing the medication, but it's nice to know my body's doing something right, even if I haven't had a hand in it! :-)






The other thing we talked about was councelling and anti-depressants. I considered the councelling carefully. Sometimes it really is good to talk, but I haven't felt it the right time yet. Anti-depressants? This I thought about a lot, but I really didn't like the idea. I decided to take my health - both mental and physical - into my own hands. So, instead of sitting there being tearful, I've been working on myself, bringing some control back into my life. I'm eating better, drinking more water, have taken up yoga.





And for my mind I decided to finish my book, and have been adding to it, and editing it with a pace that's been gruelling but satisfying. I really want to do the NaNoWriMo in November this year, alongside everyone else.
Then, in my tiny little cottage, the problem of which has always been the lack of storage and space, I've spent the last week alternating writing with building an inbuilt wardrobe in the boys' bedroom. Sooooo satisfying. There's now a place to hang clothes, his tv/ xbox has its own area, and there are shelves... actual shelves!!! By the time the kids come back from their holiday with their dad on Friday, I should have it finished and painted (I hope).
Since my car's in the garage being sorted, I can't go anywhere, so I'll have to be here anyway, so in a minute I'm getting back to it...




Come next week, term time starts again, and I know I'm going to be exhausted for a couple of weeks as we get back into the swing of things. This term is always the busiest, with rarely a moment to finish a cup of tea in the middle of the day, let alone to sit for five minutes. There's be trays of practical equipment and stacks of books to carry round; and we, the technicians, will become psychics (ooo, that reminds me... something to tell you on that score, but not now... there's a cupboard to finish!) and read the minds of teachers, other technicians, substitute teachers and the school beurocracy. We become super-heroes during the day, and exhausted parents in the evening. But it's a good and varied job (long holidays, for a start...if only we got paid for them!!)




So, with a couple of days left, I've decided to focus on the things I need to do (I asked myself a question, with mortality on my mind, 'What have I done with my life, and what do I want to do?' The first answer to jump to mind was to finish my book.) and come back to blogging next week.




So, I look forward to coming visiting again then. Until then, be well, be happy and don't be too good! I'm missing you all, but there are things I need to get sorted before I can return... but I'll enjoy seeing you all again so much more with renewed spirits!! Until then, I shall just post a couple of pictures here and there. See you soon!! :-)

© Annelisa Christensen 11:01 pm

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

15 Comments:

At August 30, 2007 2:47 pm, Blogger Queenie said...

YaY! So glad your feeling a bit better, any kind of pasta you want to wear is fine with me......

 
At August 30, 2007 7:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At August 30, 2007 7:13 pm, Blogger ann said...

it's good to see you back...

you sound really upbeat and
positive and raring to go
again

I'm sorry you've been so poorly;
if you can manage to work your
way through it all without
pills and counselling, then all
for the good.

I once had four sessions of
counselling and came away feeling
worse than when I started...
and as for pills, I flushed
them away... Cadbury's Whole Nut
worked so much better!

wishing you all the very best

lotsa luv ann xxxx

 
At August 30, 2007 7:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you feeling so much better. I've been worried about you. I think is onto something with the chocolate as an upper.

Beautiful pictures of the sky.

 
At August 31, 2007 2:23 am, Blogger mystic rose said...

you too.. dont be too good. :)

those pics are surreal! kind of expect some owls (and broom sticks)flying there.. :)


take ur time, annelisa. its nice to read ur posts and know you. and glad to hear u might be doing hte nanowrimo again this year.

 
At August 31, 2007 1:59 pm, Blogger Pauline said...

Isn't it fascinating that we can form these emotional bonds with blogger friends!!! I am relieved that you are coming along. Time is your friend more than anything else. Yoga is a wonderful healer, I need to return that to my own life...Your pictures are wonderful I very much enjoy the spiral effect with the cloud formation, seems to represent the circle of life. Love and hugs to you on your healing journey.

 
At August 31, 2007 3:10 pm, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh you don't know how good it is to see you back babe! I could jump for joy. I think I will - boing, boing, boing....

 
At September 02, 2007 6:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh girlfriend,

i felt like i had lost a friend too!! so glad you are on your way back from your journey. there are some paths that can only be traveled alone ...but always, my soul was next to yours.

hugs and xxxxx
kitty kat

 
At September 02, 2007 6:52 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone - You're all stars of the stellar kind!!

 
At September 02, 2007 3:14 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Glad you're back and your thyroid is behaving! I seriously doubt your condition with thyroid has affected your skill in taking close-up pics in the least!

These photos look like the angels in the snow we do....can you see them? very cool.

Good luck with school..... term 1 is indeed the hardest work anyone does in a school.

 
At September 02, 2007 4:33 pm, Blogger twilite said...

Hi Annelisa! I need you to visit me! Forget about counselling or antidepressants. You've got us and self...keep working! Thanking you in advance for visiting ok?!

 
At September 03, 2007 4:58 am, Blogger twilite said...

Glorious pictures!

 
At September 05, 2007 1:01 pm, Blogger GEWELS said...

Sounds like staying busy was a perfect tonic for you. Julia will always be there in your heart with you while you get things in order, write and work.

Happy Autumn!

 
At September 08, 2007 10:52 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Hey annelisa! You are dearly missed! =P First of all, welcome back and a big hug! It's really great to know you're picking up life once again with an optimistic outlook. It's nice to know that your condition has improved too without you knowing. =)

Yoga is a great idea! My mom is currently taking yoga classes and she reported that it is doing wonders for her soul. Yeah, being busy is a good distraction as well and it is also a purpose in itself to pass time easily.

Good luck with the book! I don't think I'll be taking part in NaNoWriMo this year as my all-important exams are, of all months, in November. Oh well...

Yeap, see you around soon! =)

 
At September 16, 2007 5:57 am, Blogger Pam said...

hi-i remember you mentioning you had this condition i think over on marmy's site. i, too, have had it for several years...but only diagnosed back in 2003. stress can cause our thyroids to go even more haywire. it also causes all those symptoms you were mentioning when our thyroid isn't working properly ie sleep probs, irritability. my family knows i get irritated a LOT. lol depression is increased w thyroid, too...there are days when i'm just down for no reason. they wanted to give me zoloft in the early days, but i never got the prescription filled because i KNEW that wasn't it. i have many blurry pics to attest to the shaky hand thing as well lol

anyways, i wanted to say i'm sorry about your friend julia. (((hugs)))and good to see you back blogging again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home