Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

04 September 2007

Ready to Fly?

Just as well I looked at the school website on Sunday night... just to check whether I returned to school today or tomorrow (I don't start when the kids go back - we have things to get ready first). Turned out I was due back yesterday :-(

So, yesterday I returned to work, with my inbuilt wardrobe unfinished and the boys' beds still piled high with all their paraphernalia... yikes!


It was...

...chaotic, to say the least. You'd think, with no students around, everything would be straightforward. But...

...where are all those new sheets that were supposed to be photocopied? What, a whole course missing?!! And...

...why aren't there any physics exercise books (they gave us baby-pink...my least favourite colour in the whole world, though much appreciated by all the 6th form boys doing physics :-) )

You want this lesson for tomorrow? But you're not supposed to be doing that one yet...

...and you want fifteen tennis balls (I'll just conjure them out of mid-air, shall I?!)

Oh, yes, and what are you teaching again? What do you mean you've changed the order of the course...again!?!

Yep, that was pretty much what yesterday was like. Although the students start again today, there is a lot still to be done before teaching can start. I'm ready to fly in the opposite direction! :-)

© Annelisa Christensen 6:50 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

13 Comments:

At September 04, 2007 8:36 am, Blogger Queenie said...

Abrra-kudabra yay! fifteen tennis balls, knew you could do it!!!

 
At September 04, 2007 1:14 pm, Blogger Pauline said...

Don't we often wish to fly in the opposite direction. Guess that's why airports always permit those planes to circle about before landing...Lol

 
At September 04, 2007 4:51 pm, Blogger Akelamalu said...

I went back today - all our teachers are quite calm because the kids don't start back until next Monday! Ain't it grand???!!!!

 
At September 04, 2007 8:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((((HUGZ)))))))))

You need lots of these.

 
At September 04, 2007 10:29 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Ah yes! Sounds familiar! Our teachers went back today too but as I used to, have been in since the beginning of last week to get the rooms and work ready. You get tired out and stressed even before the kids get there! I even had a teacher dream (usually nightmares!) last night and I don't even have to teach! Deeply ingrained I guess. I went to join some retired teachers for "To Hell With The Bell" coffee!
HA!
Start my choir tonight after the summer break!

Good luck getting back into the swing! And with the wardrobe!

 
At September 04, 2007 11:22 pm, Blogger twilite said...

Hi Annelisa! Sorry to read this. Have a good term teaching those bunch of....????!!!! (Obviously teaching is not my vocation!)

 
At September 05, 2007 4:40 am, Blogger Sachin Samy said...

hi dear friend' its is really a great post. i love the way you wright. keep it up n have a good day.

 
At September 05, 2007 6:20 pm, Blogger mystic rose said...

:)) sounds like a whole load of fun. enjoy!!

 
At September 06, 2007 2:03 pm, Blogger Katie McKenna said...

Wow! Best of the luck to you Annelisa! :)

 
At September 06, 2007 9:16 pm, Blogger ann said...

oh my you've brought back memories and I was just the bursar... and today my old school sent me an application form to reapply for my old job as they want me back...

hmmmm... should I... shouldn't I?

hope the new term starts well and ends even better

 
At September 08, 2007 10:17 am, Blogger Akelamalu said...

You were top of the pops in the quiz honey, come and get your badge. x

 
At September 08, 2007 10:45 am, Blogger that frolicsome kid said...

Ouch! That's quite a bad start to another hectic term. Lol! =) Your job reminds me of the lab assistants back in my school. I love the pink books and you conjuring tennis balls from air. Hahahaha! *chuckle*

Good luck for the new term. Over here, when the new term reopens next week, it is going to be even hectic as the all important exams are just around the corner.

 
At September 14, 2007 10:28 am, Blogger Dana Barnett said...

Good Morning Annelisa!!!Long time no chat and or read,Well i really enjoyed your spiritual thoughs on life, death, ghosts ect...and your poetry is awsome as well as your pics,Happy to see or read ya again,ttyl,Dana...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home