Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

06 May 2009

Reason, Season or Lifetime?

My good friend Akemalu recently sent this to me in the post, and my thoughts keep coming back to it...maybe it explains a lot of things in my life:






People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person..
When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support,
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.






Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.







LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson,
love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.









Thank you for being a part of my life,
whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.



© Annelisa Christensen 6:23 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

7 Comments:

At May 06, 2009 11:28 am, Anonymous Sanni said...

So beautiful - this post brought tears to my eyes.

------------
Today the kids are at my parents' home b/c the moving crew is here and we can finally leave the "House from Hell". It as the first time for ages I was able to open my google reader and did a happy dance when I found out you're back to blogging.

Sadly there won't be internet in the new home for a few weeks, so this is a combination of "Hi and goodbye", but I'm so looking forward to visit you with a loud "WOO-HOO" when I'll be back online.

Take care!

 
At May 06, 2009 7:52 pm, Blogger Akelamalu said...

I hope this made things a little clearer for you my lovely Annelisa, my friend. xx

 
At May 12, 2009 6:24 am, Blogger red dirt girl said...

i've always loved this quote, AE.

i'm not sure i've always been able to let its message sink into my heart - i tend to hold on when letting go is way past due... i feel bewildered when someone i've loved and cherished suddenly disappears. life is difficult to follow at times.

oh dear - i left a message on your april 30th post, not realizing you've posted since. what loss you've suffered. well. i'm still here. even though i've morphed into a mule!! i'm very happy you're still here, too!

xxx
rdm

 
At May 12, 2009 10:22 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

So good to see you Sanni! Hope your move goes well, and congratulations on littlun's birthday (can't believe Luis's 3 already!)

Akemalu...you are a very special person to me (and probably to a whole lot of other bloggers!)...you are here for us. You have been here for me long past the time when I think nobody would be. I think anyone lucky enough to have you in their lives will be enrichened by your presence. I don't know if you are a reason, season or lifetime, but I know I value you here and you are one very special lady!!!

My ol' pal RDM (or any other name you care to mention :-) ) It's so lovely you came by...I thought you'd left the blogosphere for good, and i was sad. I shall indeed get in touch with you via email...I have it again.

But here in this post I have to agree with you. I am, like you, unable to understand someone leaving my life. When I find someone I value, I like to keep them close, or at least keep them somewhere in my life. For them to chose to walk away from me is something I too have difficulty with. If I feel something for someone I can't understand how they can no longer want to be part of my life, especially when I have so much love to give them...

I try to accept that each person is on their own journey, and sometimes their journey runs parellel to my own, but when they move away I want to shout to them, 'wait! come back! You are part of my life now...you can't just leave. If you go there will be a void nobody else can fill. You are part of me now...if you go I lose part of myself..."

Unfortunately these folks often don't hear me call to them... :-S

 
At May 17, 2009 3:12 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

I have seen this and been given it a few times and I have different reactions each time. I was hurt the first time because the person was effectively ending a friendship, but since then I can appreciate more in a situation with more positive intention.
Thanks for being there for me too!

 
At May 18, 2009 11:01 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Oh MOI...its so hard to believe what others tell you sometimes, especially when it hurts to believe. Trouble comes when you think someone's there for a lifetime, but they're only there for a reason or season :-(

 
At May 20, 2009 1:36 pm, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Yes, I am very much like you...it's like a Christmas card list..once someone's on it, I don't want to de-list them! I am a little over-committed...like in a store when I say I might come back..I feel a bit bad when I don't!!! They couldn't care less but I like to be true to my word.
We should just learn to be loyal to the people who really care about us and de-list the rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home