Words that flow...

Words and images - powerful elements of our everyday life. Most of the time we take them for granted, but sometimes something happens to make you aware of how important they are... and how thankful you are to have the opportunity to use or appreciate them. Here lies some of my words and pictures (which are untouched apart from cropping, unless I've said otherwise) - Please add your words to mine, and leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

23 October 2006

(D) Dawn in Dusty-Dell













The Giant's Causeway, North Ireland. My third cousin and I trod where the giants couldn't be bothered to go... up the hill! (The Causeway is a 'path' of stones towards the mainland, that can be seen at low tide)


I've made a decision. I will put my kiddie ones up... I could start another blog for them, but I've been stuck in a traffic jam heading up to London, helped my sister clean her house (she has the amazing ability to see what's important in life, and it's not cleaning! :-D and her in-laws are round in a day or two...), one eye on the kids, and driven back again, only to have to clean my own house :-( Not how I planned to spend the first weekend of my holiday, but then I don't often plan things anyway... just like to see how they turn out!

I'm starting with 'D', because I happen to like the pace of this one:









[Poem Dawn in Dusty-Dell re
moved for publishing Aug 2017
other rhymes from this collection now on Amazon A-Z Monsters (not) For Bed]




© Annelisa Christensen 12:29 am

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

13 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 9:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace on earth...

 
At October 24, 2006 8:17 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

There's a day to ask for that (apart from any day, I mean):

7 November 2006
Dona Nobis Pacem
"Grant us Peace"

See http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com for details about how everyone can sign and display the world, and write a Blog on 7 November titled "Dona Nobis Pacem" - kindofa world plea...

loved the idea!
Come back and see my effort! :-)

 
At October 24, 2006 10:22 pm, Blogger goatman said...

Where are the trees? I'm not sure I could live in a place without trees, although the ocean is nice.
Peace

 
At October 24, 2006 11:27 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Ah, see, not everything is always in sight. Sometimes, what you're looking for, is so close, but you're looking in the wrong place...

The trees are just over the hilltop, I believe.

Personally, I liked the starkness - reminded me of Scotland, where I lived for years (chose to go there particularly because there was scenery such as this :-))

Thanks Vincentt and goatman for your comments. Peace would be kinda good, huh?

 
At October 27, 2006 11:51 pm, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

I seem to have a difficult time not conducting a Commentathon everytime I visit you. The words and images were together perfectly here.

 
At October 29, 2006 11:58 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Likewise, Kilroy! :-)

 
At November 15, 2006 9:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how beautiful! and you are blessed to see such a wonderful place..so divine.

 
At November 16, 2006 1:41 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

You know, I just remembered, I have a video clip of the top one. I wonder if I can find how to put it on. I've seen others have done it...

 
At November 18, 2006 4:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo have to upload it to youtube or google video and then they give the code for embedding it in your blog..

yeah u shd do it..it will be neat!

 
At November 18, 2006 8:36 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

Excellent! Thanks Mystic. I'll give it a try!

 
At November 19, 2006 11:36 am, Blogger Annelisa said...

Yahay! That seemed to have worked - cool, now I know how to do videos! (even if they aren't very good... :-))

 
At March 16, 2007 1:14 am, Blogger twilite said...

Hi Annelisa!

I'd been visiting your archive. What a privilege to be reading some good stuff.

Like this poem. You really have a way with words...indeed 'words that flow'.

Thank you for your beautiful write.

 
At March 18, 2007 2:43 pm, Blogger Annelisa said...

:-) Thanks Twilight... hardly anyone goes back to the archives (that I know of...), so I'm delighted you've made the effort!

And also a big thankyou for your continuing visits!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home